Was Texas called for one illegal screen

cyclonefan1983

Feb 12, 2009
I swear there was 5-7 time they love to lean in when the do the screen but of course it was not called...

There was a really bad one in the 1st half that should of been called but not...

3TrueFans

Just a Happily Married Man
Sep 10, 2009
Ames
I swear there was 5-7 time they love to lean in when the do the screen but of course it was not called...

There was a really bad one in the 1st half that should of been called but not...
Are you the guy that sat behind me at the Baylor game and yelled that every trip down the court? If so, I hate you.

IowaStateClones

Dec 7, 2009
tin-foil-hat.jpg

Reactions: CyCope

OPKSCyclone

Oct 17, 2009
Overland Park, KS
Are you the guy that sat behind me at the Baylor game and yelled that every trip down the court? If so, I hate you.

I yelled it a bunch of times. Did they call it? No. And I eventually gave up.

But that's my job as a fan. Cheer when the team plays well and yell at the refs. If it bothers you, watch the game at home.

Hawkeye11en1

Apr 22, 2011
Colorado

But that's my job as a fan. Cheer when the team plays well and yell at the refs. If it bothers you, watch the game at home.

Really? That's your job as fan? Man, I guess I have a skewed outlook on what a fan should do.

3TrueFans

Just a Happily Married Man
Sep 10, 2009
Ames

Holy **** it was you, were you there with what I assumed to be your daughter with the annoying voice pretending she knew anything about basketball? This is like one of those craigslist missed connections!

JWIL4CY

Nov 17, 2010
Urbandale
Moving screens just aren't called that often. If they were, they could've called quite a few on us as well.

CYclist

Mar 17, 2006
They ran as many illegal screans as we did

I'm trying to stop chiming in on ref complaints, but this comment changed my mind. That just isn't true. Watch RW and ME, and see how well they plant themselves to set a screen. They set a true screen and rarely move during contact from the defender.

OPKSCyclone

Oct 17, 2009
Overland Park, KS
Holy **** it was you, were you there with what I assumed to be your daughter with the annoying voice pretending she knew anything about basketball? This is like one of those craigslist missed connections!

No. I was there with three other guys (from work) however one of them was pretty drunk and I mostly sat by myself or with one other fellow during the ISU game. We were about row 15, section 117.

During the first half I yelled about 8 times for the refs to watch for TX moving screens. The last few efforts, I simply yelled "STOP. TEXAS. MOVING SCREEN." I tried to yell it during lulls (play stoppage when he bands were not playing) hoping to be heard. I was trying to keep it short and simple to save my fading voice. I simply wanted to take the chance that either 1) the refs would hear conciously or sub-conciously or 2) the TX players might hear and become concerned the refs might start looking.

Didn't seem to work so I stopped. Sorry if that bothered anybody (I'm sure the TX A&M fans sitting 2 rows down were sick of it) but I'll say it again... That's what I feel I can contribute as a fan at a game. Cheer for ISU and yell at the refs. No profanity and never (well, almost never) negative toward the team. If I'm not at least willing to contribute in that way I should just stay home and watch on TV.

After the game ended someone behind me yelled: Congratulations Fred. You just got out-coached by the second-worst Big-12 coach. That is the type of thing you will not hear me say about a coach or a player.

Cincyclone

Feb 5, 2012
We do it too. Everyone does it. Royce moves a lot to screen the defenders when we run the dribble handoff.