Athletics Announces Ticket Breakdown for NCAA's

CyFan61

Oct 25, 2010
Just got this e-mail from Athletics (as a student).

March 7, 2012

Dear Men’s Basketball Season Ticket Holders,

In anticipation of Iowa State’s invite to the NCAA Men’s Basketball Championship, we wanted to give you advance notice of the process to order tickets.

The NCAA allocates only 350 tickets to each participating institution for the preliminary rounds of the tournament. Iowa State’s NCAA ticket allotment for the preliminary rounds will be allocated as follows:

· Players’ family/guests - 76 tickets

· Coaches’ family and administrative travel party - 74 tickets

· Cyclone Club members - 166 Tickets

· Iowa State students - 34 tickets

The allocated number of tickets for Iowa State students (34) is the same percentage of tickets (17% of 200 - public tickets available after players’ family/guests, coaches’ family and administrative travel party tickets are allocated), as the percentage of student season tickets that are assigned in Hilton Coliseum during the season (2,500 student tickets out of 14,376 seats).

The following guidelines and procedures must be followed to obtain tickets:

-Iowa State students who are men’s basketball student season ticketholders may purchase up to two (2) tickets, as long as the second ticket is for a fellow Iowa State men’s basketball student season ticketholder (second name and Iowa State student I.D. number will be required at time of purchase).

-Students can purchase tickets (price TBA) on Monday, March 12 from 8 a.m. to 11 a.m. CST by calling (515-294-1816 or toll free 1-888-478-2925). A credit card is required to purchase tickets. All student tickets will be sold on a first come - first serve basis.

-All tickets must be picked at the Iowa State will-call location at the tournament site (by student only - ISU student picture I.D. required). If you purchase two (2) tickets, the second ticket must be picked-up by the respective Iowa State student that the ticket is listed under and that student must have an ISU student picture I.D. as well.

-Students will only be charged for the sessions that the Cyclones participate in. Students purchasing second-round tickets will be charged for the third round only if the Cyclones advance. If Iowa State does not advance, you will not be charged nor will tickets be available for the third round.
Students unable to purchase tickets through Iowa State’s limited allotment should check directly with the respective host’s sites regarding availability. NCAA ticket info can be accessed by clicking here.

In addition, please check cyclones.com for the latest NCAA Tournament information and updates.

Thanks for your support. Go Cyclones!

8:00am Monday will be crazy especially if we're in Omaha...

Clonehomer

Apr 11, 2006
I would still prefer to buy through the venue. Half the fun of the tournament is watching the other sessions.

CyFan61

Oct 25, 2010
I would still prefer to buy through the venue. Half the fun of the tournament is watching the other sessions.

If I am reading these prices right, the all session passes are $200 or $300 apiece whereas the ones just for ISU games will be somewhere in the $70 neighborhood. (Correct me if I'm wrong, it's a little confusing.) I think most students would love to watch as much basketball as possible but to keep the trip in a realistic price range (once you toss in travel, lodging, food, etc.) it probably wouldn't be workable. It would be great if the AD gave students a break on ticket prices through their office like they did for the football bowl game.

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com
You missed part of the e-mail:

Because of the extremely limited availability, only Cyclone Club members who are also men’s season ticketholders at the Directors (maximum four tickets), Victory (two tickets) and Captains (two tickets) levels may request tickets.

It won't be that crazy. Those tickets will be gone in the blink of an eye. I took this as a "don't even bother" letter.

CyFan61

Oct 25, 2010
You missed part of the e-mail:

Because of the extremely limited availability, only Cyclone Club members who are also men’s season ticketholders at the Directors (maximum four tickets), Victory (two tickets) and Captains (two tickets) levels may request tickets.

It won't be that crazy. Those tickets will be gone in the blink of an eye. I took this as a "don't even bother" letter.

I received the student e-mail (which is what I posted). Didn't have that part included.

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
Isn't email great? Now you know right away that students will have to fight over little or nothing to go.

greatshu

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 4, 2007
KS
They should do lottery for those tix. Take names for all the people that wants them and randomly draw (for students and lower level donors).

This is how KU does it. I think my boss already put his name in for NCAA tourney tix, so he is hoping to get them. He was lucky enough to score NCAA tix back in 2008 when they won the title, so hoping for a repeat.

ISUCyclones2015

Doesn't wipe standing up
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2010
Chicago, IL
Oh and does anyone know if they charge you for Sweet 16 automatically if they make it? I can't go past the first two games so i was wondering how that worked.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron