Denver Trip.. Ideas

jakecovo21

Nov 9, 2009
Waukee, IA
Hey, I'm taking a trip out to Denver in June to catch a Rockies game. Been to Denver once but it was a long time ago..
I was just wondering if anyone on Fanatic is from or have also taken a trip there?
Any ideas, places to go, places to stay id love to hear!

Thanks

#cyclonestate

Al_4_State

Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
Driftless Region
Visit site
Tour some breweries. There are so many good breweries within an hour of Denver all along the Front Range.

Get up into the mountains and do some a hiking. I'd recommend a 14er, but there's still going to be some snow that high in June.

bufante

Nov 27, 2006
DMI
Was just there over New Years for a wedding. Great place, great beer!

We did a tour of Sports Authority Field (Broncos) and I would suggest that to anyone! Really a cool building with a lot of thought put into it.

We stayed along the 16th Street Pedestrian Mall, neat area for a day or so, then it gets old.

Rent a car and get out of town, we really enjoyed Red Rocks, Coors Brewery, and driving through the Rockies.

Angie

Tugboats and arson.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
IA
Vesta Dipping Grill was one of the best restaurants I have ever been to.

Hawkeye11en1

Apr 22, 2011
Colorado
Go to Boulder. Some great people watching and great restaurants. Plus, it is built just like Iowa City (minus the mountains) so you will love it.

There are breweries in Boulder, Longmont, Fort Collins and about every other town up and down the front range. If you would like to go to the ones that are lesser known, let me know and I can point you in that direction.

Estes Park is a nice drive and very pretty and close enough to Denver.

Check the comedy club to see if anyone decent will be there. One of the best in the country.

Roof-top bars in LoDo are a good time. Scenery is amazing, and I mean that in more than one way.

BusterCherry

Feb 28, 2012
Cherry Creek, CO
Hey, I'm taking a trip out to Denver in June to catch a Rockies game. Been to Denver once but it was a long time ago..
I was just wondering if anyone on Fanatic is from or have also taken a trip there?
Any ideas, places to go, places to stay id love to hear!

Thanks

#cyclonestate

ditto to the other posts.

16th st mall. spend an afternoon there. shopping, etc. Have lunch at the Brown Palace Hotel near there.

Microbrews/bars right there downtown near Coors Field, near the Train Station

Rent a car for a couple days--Estes Park (drive further into Rocky Mtn Nat'l Park), Boulder, Red Rocks.

Golf? Find a course with a mtn view. Thin air makes you feel like a big hitter

idaclone

Jan 20, 2010
Southeast Idaho
Great place to see a game. Also previously mentioned Rocky Mountain national park and also going up Pikes Peak are both pretty neat. A bunch of elk are in Rocky Mountain park and Pikes Peak is about as high as you can drive in the country if not the highest.

Hawkeye11en1

Apr 22, 2011
Colorado
ditto to the other posts.

16th st mall. spend an afternoon there. shopping, etc. Have lunch at the Brown Palace Hotel near there.

Microbrews/bars right there downtown near Coors Field, near the Train Station

Rent a car for a couple days--Estes Park (drive further into Rocky Mtn Nat'l Park), Boulder, Red Rocks.

Golf? Find a course with a mtn view. Thin air makes you feel like a big hitter

If you like this, I have a few suggestions. Bear Dance or Arrowhead. 2 AWESOME courses just south of Denver. Here is the 10th tee at Arrowhead:

1st%20hole%20Arrowhead%20Golf%20Course%20Roxborough%20Littleton%20Colorado,%20CO.JPG

cyhawkdmb

Jul 13, 2010
CB
Go to Boulder. Some great people watching and great restaurants. Plus, it is built just like Iowa City (minus the mountains) so you will love it.

There are breweries in Boulder, Longmont, Fort Collins and about every other town up and down the front range. If you would like to go to the ones that are lesser known, let me know and I can point you in that direction.

Estes Park is a nice drive and very pretty and close enough to Denver.

Check the comedy club to see if anyone decent will be there. One of the best in the country.

Roof-top bars in LoDo are a good time. Scenery is amazing, and I mean that in more than one way.[/QUOTE]

Watched the 05 Iowa ISU game in LoDo.. Cant remember the name of the bar, (Sports Column or Something like that) but the owners have a bar in Iowa City too.. Needless to Say the group I was with was really out numbered.. but awsome bloody mary bar and that day was wrapped around seeing DMB on a 3 night stand at Red Rocks... God that was a great trip!!

Last edited:

Hawkeye11en1

Apr 22, 2011
Colorado
Watched the 05 Iowa ISU game in LoDo.. Cant remember the name of the bar, (Sports Column or Something like that) but the owners have a bar in Iowa City too.. Needless to Say the group I was with was really out numbered.. but awsome bloody mary bar and that day was wrapped around seeing DMB on a 3 night stand at Red Rocks... God that was a great trip!!

Yup, Sports Column is an Iowa/ASU bar. Always packed with both sets of fans. Great place to watch a game.

Dryburn

Apr 3, 2006
Somewhere in the U.S.
Check out what is playing at Red Rocks......usually a good time. As a backup......check out what is playing at Fiddler's Green.....the other amphitheater out in Englewood. It's called something else now......some corporate name.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron