All I want for Christmas...

guitarchitect7

Oct 8, 2006
www.chrisboeke.com
I thought I would start a fun thread of what people are asking for for Christmas. I know the holiday isn't all about gifts, but hey thats what mkes it fun.

I really just want money so I can maybe go get a new digital SLR camera. My little digital ELPH doesn't do the trick.

ianoconnor

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 11, 2007
Johnston
Hmmm... I don't think I'm asking for anything. Maybe I'll get some UFC/Pride DVDs...

brianhos

Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 1, 2006
Trenchtown
I want a new job with less stress.
I would also like to get a remote car starter installed.

oooh, I want a remote start also.

And a weekend off, just time to watch sports and have no kids yelling at me.

4VR4CY

Aug 28, 2007
Ankeny, IA
Jeff is getting a Kegerator and I don't know what I want. It is a first for me not to have a long list for him.

CyGal

Mar 1, 2006
WDM
Gift certificate to a spa for a massage and mani/pedi!! Maybe throw in a haircut and hilites with that!

price26

Sep 1, 2006
Ames, IA
I want a new (used) car.

Preferably a Monte Carlo SS.

In the reasonable price range I wouldn't mind some Under Armour or new golf irons.

guitarchitect7

Oct 8, 2006
www.chrisboeke.com
See I have never understood the whole car thing. If it was my spouse who got it, I would go nuts! "Sure go off and get us more bills to pay for". Unless the parents really love me so I dont have to worry about payments!

4VR4CY

Aug 28, 2007
Ankeny, IA
Gift certificate to a spa for a massage and mani/pedi!! Maybe throw in a haircut and hilites with that!

massage, haircut and highlights gift cert - I just bought that for a huge discount at the new place on Hickman across from Living History Farms.

CyGal

Mar 1, 2006
WDM
massage, haircut and highlights gift cert - I just bought that for a huge discount at the new place on Hickman across from Living History Farms.

My mother-in-law got a gift cert for a spa last year for Christmas. I've been wanting one ever since. Problem is finding a good massage therapist. Most of the ones I've been to are wimps and the only good one was looney.

4VR4CY

Aug 28, 2007
Ankeny, IA
My mother-in-law got a gift cert for a spa last year for Christmas. I've been wanting one ever since. Problem is finding a good massage therapist. Most of the ones I've been to are wimps and the only good one was looney.

Had that problem too. Got a cert for Spa at West Glen one time. Wasn't impressed.

Where do you live? I have a guy that does it in home up here in Ankeny (South side of Ankeny). It is a SUPER price. (No lame comments. He is up to par.)

ISUFan22

Apr 11, 2006
Denver, CO
To spend some quality time with our families and friends that we may not get to see all the time. Good food and great times.

And of course, some time with the Mrs. relaxing, enjoying the winter holiday.

I'm not a gift person and really never have been. I enjoy buying for the little cousins but that's about it. Mrs. ISUFan22 and I have not exchanged anything of substance in a while now. Instead we get something for the house, go someplace before/after the holiday, enjoy a nice dinner, etc.

URBCLONE

Mar 26, 2006
Urbandale
Mrs. ISUFan22 and I have not exchanged anything of substance in a while now. Instead we get something for the house, go someplace before/after the holiday, enjoy a nice dinner, etc.

You're the man. How did you pull that off? I get roasted at home for suggesting this.

PS. All I want for Christmas is a better 2008 (financially, good health for my mom, better play from my teams etc. etc.)

SuperCy

Nov 30, 2006
Smallville/Metropolis
I enjoy buying for the little cousins but that's about it. Mrs. ISUFan22 and I have not exchanged anything of substance in a while now. Instead we get something for the house, go someplace before/after the holiday, enjoy a nice dinner, etc.

We do the same thing. We get something for the house that we might want, but it's been years since we actually exchanged anything.

We don't have any kids, so our 6 nephews get spoiled more than they should. It's fun though.

CyGal

Mar 1, 2006
WDM
Had that problem too. Got a cert for Spa at West Glen one time. Wasn't impressed.

Where do you live? I have a guy that does it in home up here in Ankeny (South side of Ankeny). It is a SUPER price. (No lame comments. He is up to par.)

WDM. I just searched for a new place to get my hair cut and wondered upon lots of nice Salon & Spa places. They look nice!

I'm not a gift person and really never have been. I enjoy buying for the little cousins but that's about it. Mrs. ISUFan22 and I have not exchanged anything of substance in a while now. Instead we get something for the house, go someplace before/after the holiday, enjoy a nice dinner, etc.

I've tried doing this for years, yet if I buy him one small gift, he thinks he needs to spend at least twice as much as me. Worked for our birthdays though. I don't even think we went out for dinner!