Huguenin STILL has KState as a Lower Seed...

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

cyclones500

Jan 29, 2010
Michigan
basslakebeacon.com
I don't have a huge problem with KSU above ISU, but I don't know if it's 6 slots on the S-curve.

Several things even worse about that projection.

* Purdue as a 5 seed. Can't see it.

* Northwestern in, but not as play-in; Texas out.

* Florida is higher than a 7

As with any bracket, plenty of it is fine as far as the field itself — seedings seem out of whack in places.

Note: KState is considered higher seed.

K

KFitzy87

Don't take this guy too serious...he has Purdue as a 5 seed :goofy:

I don't take him seriously... But it is my obligation as a Cyclone fan to point out any media outlet that doesn't favor ISU :jiggy:

madcityCY

Nov 29, 2006
Madison, WI
It's clear that some "experts" value the big win more than consistency, or avoiding bad losses - to a fault.

Oh well.

CyFan61

Oct 25, 2010
I hate the use of the terms "higher" and "lower" in reference to seeds. About half of the people mean one thing and the other half mean the the exact opposite. I've always thought of a "higher" seed as better, so your thread title made me pause for a minute.

I try to stick to "better" and "worse" in reference to seeds now.

/rant

Reactions: VeloClone
K

KFitzy87

I hate the use of the terms "higher" and "lower" in reference to seeds. About half of the people mean one thing and the other half mean the the exact opposite. I've always thought of a "higher" seed as better, so your thread title made me pause for a minute.

/rant

I'm sorry... It confuses me :unsure:

Ciclone

May 5, 2008
Clive

/rant

You're right; higher seed is the better team.

CyFan61

Oct 25, 2010
I'm sorry... It confuses me :unsure:

Confuses me too... I get why people think both ways... that's why I personally think better and worse are terms that no one can confuse for this.

Anyway... I don't get how K-State should get a better seed than us at this point.

huntt26

Apr 10, 2006
po' dUnk
KState has more quality wins than us, I am not offended by this projection. If we win another game we will jump them.

ahaselhu

Sep 10, 2007
Clarinda, IA
KSUs resume is a little better than ours, especially their top 25 record (4-3) vs ours (1-4), and that they have 2 top 25 ROAD wins. Both highly valued by the committee. I'd be surprised if they aren't a higher seed than us come selection day (unless we win out :spinny:.

cyclones500

Jan 29, 2010
Michigan
basslakebeacon.com
Confuses me too... I get why people think both ways... that's why I personally think better and worse are terms that no one can confuse for this.

Anyway... I don't get how K-State should get a better seed than us at this point.

By "better," do you mean higher or lower. :jimlad::cute:

Anyway — Considered as a whole, ISU & KSU resumes have become nearly indistinguishable at this point. A few things in each team's favor:

Team comparison ISU vs. KSU

I realize we may see head-to-head sweep as a tiebreaker; but that isn't an official selection factor (not to say it is never considered)

KMAC_ATTACK

Feb 20, 2007
Waterloo
If you want to know how whacked out this guy is....he has the frickin Billikens of St Louis as an 8 seed.....yes they are 2nd in the Atlantic 10, however, their RPI is below Iowa States and their strength of schedule is 107th in the nation....

Seriously, i dont understand the RPI....

Its not based on schedule....

Its not based on wins/losses....

if that were the case, how is Uconn right behind Murray State....29th and 30 ahead of ISU at 32...

Uconn 17-11 and 7-9 in conference SOS #1.

Murray State 25-1 and 15-1 in conference with SOS #184.

Iowa State 21-8 and 11-5 in conference with SOS #60.

not really sure on how that ranks out that Murray State is 29th, Uconn is 30th and ISU is 32nd.

CYUL8R

Feb 13, 2012
If you want to know how whacked out this guy is....he has the frickin Billikens of St Louis as an 8 seed.....yes they are 2nd in the Atlantic 10, however, their RPI is below Iowa States and their strength of schedule is 107th in the nation....

if that were the case, how is Uconn right behind Murray State....29th and 30 ahead of ISU at 32...

not really sure on how that ranks out that Murray State is 29th, Uconn is 30th and ISU is 32nd.

It's the secret sauce, obviously...when you factor that in, it all makes sense ;-)

CyFan61

Oct 25, 2010

Half of the RPI is the W/L of your opponents.

cyclone22

Sep 14, 2011
Ames, IA

/rant

Yea but it wouldnt be a thread if KState had a worse ranking than us. 2+2.