Tweets between Niang and Fraschilla- neat

Bewilderme

Apr 11, 2006
Minneapolis
Read from bottom to top:

Tweets

6m Fran Fraschilla ‏ @franfraschilla
@GeorgesNiang20 You are going to a great spot and will love Coach H! Your toughness will help in Big 12.
Retweeted by Georges Niang

9m Fran Fraschilla ‏ @franfraschilla
After you graduate! RT @GeorgesNiang20: @franfraschilla no way.. we gunna keep him around for a while especially for us 2012 guys comin in
Retweeted by Georges Niang

@GeorgesNiang20: @franfraschilla no way.. we gunna keep him around for a while especially for us 2012 guys comin in

--------------

56m Fran Fraschilla ‏ @franfraschilla Hate to jinx Cyclone fans but Mayor has NBA coaching future--IF he wants it. Great in time outs and team always prepared.

56m Fran Fraschilla ‏ @franfraschilla
Three great coaching choices in Big 12. Two will get national coach of year looks but Mayor has been GREAT, also @cmoore_23 @SethDavisHoops

Last edited:

Dryburn

Apr 3, 2006
Somewhere in the U.S.
Fran Fraschilla Tweets- pretty cool

For those of you who may not have Twitter, or don't follow certain people, here are some tweets posted by Fran Fraschilla and/or exchanged with ISU commit Georges Niang:

Fran Fraschilla ‏ @franfraschilla
Three great coaching choices in Big 12. Two will get national coach of year looks but Mayor has been GREAT, also @cmoore_23 @SethDavisHoops

Fran Fraschilla ‏ @franfraschilla
Hate to jinx Cyclone fans but Mayor has NBA coaching future--IF he wants it. Great in time outs and team always prepared.

Fran Fraschilla ‏ @franfraschilla (replying to tweet he received from Georges) After you graduate! RT @GeorgesNiang20: @franfraschilla no way.. we gunna keep him around for a while especially for us 2012 guys comin in

Fran Fraschilla ‏ @franfraschilla (his tweet directly to Georges)
@GeorgesNiang20 You are going to a great spot and will love Coach H! Your toughness will help in Big 12.

Mods......please merge. I did not see the other thread when I posted this,.

isucy86

Apr 13, 2006
Dubuque
Great in Timeouts?

I kind of laugh at that one. ISU probably spends the least amount of time getting coached during timeouts. It's almost comical, the ISU players are on the court and waiting for the timeout to end long before the horn blows. Conversely, most other teams are still being coached & the ref has to break the huddle.

Makes me wonder if most coaches aren't talking too much during timeouts. Cudos to Fred for having his own style and letting his players DO without overthinking things.

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
Good Lord, twitter is so confusing. Who the hell is saying what?

might be a bit more readable:

FrQSd.png

He also retweets Niang's reply and adds 'after you graduate'

Dryburn

Apr 3, 2006
Somewhere in the U.S.
Translation for those of us who don't speak Twitter?

Fran tweeted about COY candidates in Big 12. Two he was talking about for national were probably Haith and Self.

Then he tweeted about FH being a NBA coach some day.

Georges responded to him that no.......FH had to stick around for the 2012 guys coming in.

Fran responded to Georges that it would be after he graduated.

Then Fran sent to Georges that he was going to a good place in ISU, and he would love FH.

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
Little does Fran know that Fred is looking for a long term deal similar to CPR.

Only fred knows what's going through fred's mind, but he's where he's wanted to be, making an amount that will keep you more than comfortable in ames, and has a job security here both because of who he is (giving him extra time in any down periods) and because of what he's already done in 2 years. It will be interesting though. Market value wise i believe we underpaid for a coach, getting a discount because of his lack of coaching experience. After making the tourney in 2 years, if CFH wanted it to, i would say it would be fair for that discount to go away. Or, maybe fred goes the CPR route, asking for commitments for other things that would help the program (assistants $$, hilton work, etc)

Dryburn

Apr 3, 2006
Somewhere in the U.S.
With out really looking into it too much.....it seems to me that College Head Coaches jumping to the NBA head coaching job don't seem to fare all that well. Seems NBA head coaches that fare better come from the NBA assistant ranks. Just a thought.

Help Support Us

Become a patron