Haven't seen our best game

HuddleUp

Jan 9, 2009
Kansas City
Think how dangerous we'd be if everyone was clicking. We haven't had that game yet, that I can remember. Maybe someone can think of one. Scotty was off in the KU win and CA was held to three points. We shot pretty well in the Texas win but missed 16 free throws. Babb has been on and off but we all know he can get hot. How sweet would it be to have that game against MU this week... or any game from here on.

It may not happen, but we could be a nightmare for anyone if it does. I'm getting carried away, but we've seen teams get on a streak, and make a deep unexpected tournament run. Like VCU last year. We could just be that team this year.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
Think how dangerous we'd be if everyone was clicking. We haven't had that game yet, that I can remember. Maybe someone can think of one. Scotty was off in the KU win and CA was held to three points. We shot pretty well in the Texas win but missed 16 free throws. Babb has been on and off but we all know he can get hot. How sweet would it be to have that game against MU this week... or any game from here on.

It may not happen, but we could be a nightmare for anyone if it does. I'm getting carried away, but we've seen teams get on a streak, and make a deep unexpected tournament run. Like VCU last year. We could just be that team this year.

It was against a not-too-great team, but @A&M pretty much everybody was on fire. ISU wins a road game against better teams that day as well too.

HuddleUp

Jan 9, 2009
Kansas City
It was against a not-too-great team, but @A&M pretty much everybody was on fire. ISU wins a road game against better teams that day as well too.

That was a good game, but CA and Royce were a combined 8-18 from the floor and CA was 2-9 from 3pt...and we missed 6 out of 16 free throws. Scotty hit one 3pt. It's rare that you have a game where everyone is on, but it happens. I really think we could beat nearly anyone if we see that game.

azepp

Dec 9, 2009
Ankeny
Another thing I was thinking about is that we've probably had about 6 different single-game MVPs this season. Any of the starting 5 plus Tyrus can step up and be MVP on any given night.

If we ever did get everyone clicking on the same night we really could beat just about anyone.

Dryburn

Apr 3, 2006
Somewhere in the U.S.
The closest are probably the 2 Oklahoma games. In both of those, the team shot 50 per cent from 3 point range, hitting 11 and 15 three-pointers. Royce was not a huge scoring factor.....but he was the one dishing out the assists on a lot of those 3 pointers.

I'm not sure this team can have a game where everything is working. If it is working inside, that will mean that Royce, Melvin, Gibson, and Booker are doing well.....and ISU is not shooting or hitting as many 3's. If they are hitting 3's......then it is likely that the inside guys will be mostly rebounding and getting assists. This is what I think makes them so dangerous as a tournament team. Shut down one part of ISU's game....and there are plenty of other options.

Still looking forward to that game though where they hit 20 3's.