*****offical Royce White one more year thread!*****

ianoconnor

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 11, 2007
Johnston
Nope. Must spell and capitalize Official correctly before this thread can be legit.

arganbright2

Aug 6, 2006
He absolutely has to come back for another year and probably should fulfill his eligibility at ISU. He could carve out a career overseas with his passing ability and above average rebounding but so much of his offensive game is dunks and baskets within 5 feet. It would be tough seeing him bang down low against way taller players. I could see him as a poor man's Paul Milsap

bpmcclain

Nov 17, 2010
Ames
This years draft class is loaded. The highest projection I have seen of Royce is in the 2nd round. I would be very surprised if he isnt playing for us next year

cyclone111

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 11, 2008
boone
This years draft class is loaded. The highest projection I have seen of Royce is in the 2nd round. I would be very surprised if he isnt playing for us next year
I heard the complete opposite of this. I heard that this year's draft class is going to be pretty weak. I take everything I hear about NBA rumors with a grain of salt, but this years draft class don't seem to be that loaded.

NickTheGreat

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 17, 2012
Central Iowa
When I joined, I was given strict orders that official threads look like this

****Official Thread****

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
I heard the complete opposite of this. I heard that this year's draft class is going to be pretty weak. I take everything I hear about NBA rumors with a grain of salt, but this years draft class don't seem to be that loaded.

This is the very first time I have heard that. Many players who could have gone early and been drafted last year decided to avoid the NBA labor quagmire and sit it out. All I have heard is that this class will be loaded for that reason.

Pat

Oct 20, 2011

Where did you hear that this class was weak? Due to the lockout, many players who would have been lottery picks last year opted for the lesser-known "two-and-done" plan, so this particular draft is significantly more top-heavy than in the past.

PGreen ISU '92

Mar 6, 2008
Waukee, IA
Dear Royce -- Please come back for one more year. Cyclone fans love you! It will be worth your investment. One more year! Go Cyclones!!!

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
Back on topic -

When can you ever remember ISU having a player who is just a couple of assists shy of a trip-dub and it is a virtual non-story? We all love the player that we have in Royce, but sometimes I think we take for granted just how special he really is.

I really hope he sticks around for another year and works on his shot and defensive quickness. With his tweener size improving both things would really help him stick in the League. I'm sure Fred would be happy to tutor him for another year or two.

GrindingAway

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 27, 2006
I'm not sure this is a big worry at this point. He's obviously a rare talent, but also has lots of rough spots. (That's actually kind of cool to think about, our best player by far may also have the most room to improve.)

Unless he pulls a Carmello Anthony and peaks in the tournament leading us to the title, I think he's back, if the other option happens I can live with that too.