Hornbacher resigns

fulll02

Apr 17, 2006
Des Moines
I hope Pollard puts a lot of effort into getting a great replacement. I'm no soccer expert, but I think we have a pretty good position to offer. Based on the results of last year's team, the cupboard is not empty.

cy1225

Oct 6, 2007
She was Big XII Coach of the year one year and took the program to the NCAA Tournament.

JJ4ISU

Apr 11, 2006
WDM Side of Waukee
They were pretty competitive this year; I assume, based on her reason for leaving, that the women's soccer position doesn't pay a whole lot. How much pressure do you suppose Pollard put on her after her DUI last year?

majorcyfan

Feb 18, 2007
Hornbacker Resigns as Soccer coach

Bill Fennelly announced at Ames Luncheon today that we lost our Soccer coach, she is moving back to Omaha and getting married in Spring I think it was.
:sad:

Knownothing

Nov 22, 2006
They were pretty competitive this year; I assume, based on her reason for leaving, that the women's soccer position doesn't pay a whole lot. How much pressure do you suppose Pollard put on her after her DUI last year

Her husband was getting pissed his dinner was not ready when he got home. I think that was her reason for quitting.

psycln11

Apr 20, 2006
Ankeny
They would be wise to promote the first assistant... Hornbacher really didn't do a whole lot as the head coach anyways...

I bet Jamie goes through the process of a national search to see who's interests then removes the "interim" tag from Ebke.

ornryactor

Jun 3, 2006
Ames
They would be wise to promote the first assistant... Hornbacher really didn't do a whole lot as the head coach anyways...
What's your basis for saying that? (Not saying you're necessarily wrong; it's just a big statement to throw out there.)

BenEClone

Mar 21, 2006
Lincoln, Ne
According to the Register's database of state salaries, she got $71,966.93 for 2007. We'll quickly get a feel for how much importance Pollard attaches to elevating the olympic sports. In the grand scheme of things - a few grand isn't a lot, but, at that level it could be significant. The data shows 60 k for travel expenses - that's pretty active if that's for recruiting. Soccer is one sport in which we could stake out a top half finish and challenge for the title.

H2O4ISU

Aug 14, 2007
This time there is no need to look outside the program. Scott Ebke (interim HC) is perfectly suited for this job. He has been instrumental in recruiting, and the team respects him! And, he CAN coach! I think Scott would move this program to the next level. I hope he gets the chance!

Knownothing

Nov 22, 2006
What's your basis for saying that? (Not saying you're necessarily wrong; it's just a big statement to throw out there.)

It's womens soccer. So nothing really is a big statement. The biggest statement someone could make about womens soccer is that the smokin hot chick from the real world show on MTV is comming back to play again.

psycln11

Apr 20, 2006
Ankeny
According to the Register's database of state salaries, she got $71,966.93 for 2007. We'll quickly get a feel for how much importance Pollard attaches to elevating the olympic sports. In the grand scheme of things - a few grand isn't a lot, but, at that level it could be significant. The data shows 60 k for travel expenses - that's pretty active if that's for recruiting. Soccer is one sport in which we could stake out a top half finish and challenge for the title.

And volleyball coach Christy Johnson makes $86,200.

The way they played this year and in the NCAA Tournament so far, it looks like Pollard is going to have to go to the printing press ($$$). We can't afford to lose coaches that are in the middle of something good!!

cybsball20

Nov 26, 2006
Des Moines, IA
This time there is no need to look outside the program. Scott Ebke (interim HC) is perfectly suited for this job. He has been instrumental in recruiting, and the team respects him! And, he CAN coach! I think Scott would move this program to the next level. I hope he gets the chance!

Agreed, Ebke already does all the bulk of the recruiting and ALL of the coaching... Not to mention the players love him... I assure you not too many players are broken up about this...

BenEClone

Mar 21, 2006
Lincoln, Ne
Ebke makes 46 K as associate head coach ( a title often associated with a nomination for HC) and Burton makes 32 k as the assistant. When the headlines are about multi-million $ FB and MBB HC deals, these numbers give a different perspective on college sports.

jumbopackage

Sep 18, 2007
Ebke makes 46 K as associate head coach ( a title often associated with a nomination for HC) and Burton makes 32 k as the assistant. When the headlines are about multi-million $ FB and MBB HC deals, these numbers give a different perspective on college sports.

True, but football generates nearly 14 million dollars a year in revenue on it's own at ISU, and men's basketball, 5.6 million. You couldn't even afford to pay 46k/year for a soccer associate head coach if it were not for the football and basketball programs.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron