• No

Votes: 11 19.6%

• Total voters

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
HE was the perfect compliment to Keith. Heather didn't really add anything to the show. What's bugging Andy is priceless.

dmclone

Oct 20, 2006
So is he coming back to soundoff? I know he already said that he would go to KCCI.

brianhos

Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 1, 2006
Trenchtown
He is going to KCCI? Is that official? If he did, that station would be the juggernaut of the DSM market. They have the best news, best weather by far, and now a good sports segment? I know I switch over to 13 as soon as Johnny Mac is done (of course my wife's crush on johnny has nothing to do with it.)

mrsbrianhos

Mar 2, 2007
42 Wallaby Way, Sydney
OMG. I hope they get rid of Heather. I have to leave the room when Brian watches Sound Off. She is awful.

And I don't have a crush on Johnny Mac, I just think Ch.8 has the best weather coverage, by far.

Rods79

Nov 27, 2006
Des Moines
You know, when I moved to KC (right when Fales moved in June) it never seemed right to see him down here...I like him and welcomed the fact that he would be reporting down here, but it just wasn't the same. He really needs to go back to Ch. 13 and SoundOff.

Also, I think that there was another Ch. 13 person that moved down here to the same station as well...the guy that was always reporting from the Ames Bureau (don't recall his name). Any other KC people recognize this or is there a doppelganger on the lam!?

aeroclone

Oct 30, 2006
The other personalities on KMBC in KC that I know used to be in Des Moines were Chris Nagus (sp?) who I believe often reported from the Ames bureau, and also Martin Augestine, who has been gone from Des Moines for many many years. He was also with KCCI back in the day.

I also moved to KC about the same time as Andy. It was odd to see him somewhere other than WHO, but I really like Andy and was happy to have him here. That said, if I was back in central Iowa I would certainly love to have him back on Soundoff. He was a great compliment to Murphy.

ia8manfan

Apr 12, 2006
Philadelphia
You know, when I moved to KC (right when Fales moved in June) it never seemed right to see him down here...I like him and welcomed the fact that he would be reporting down here, but it just wasn't the same. He really needs to go back to Ch. 13 and SoundOff.

I was in KC for an internship this summer, and I noticed that too. I felt he was trying to break out of the shell that KMBC was putting on him. Len Dawson is probably the most boring sports personality that could ever be, but since he is a Chiefs legend, he'll be there till he dies. I think what it comes down to is Fales couldn't do his thing, cause it would have been too contrasting to Len Dawson.