Iowa is going to the.................

Erik4Cy

Jan 22, 2007
Johnston, IA
www.cyclones.com
I could care less...I just hate the fact that I am not gonna be traveling during bowl season...you know Iowa State fans are itchin' to travel ANYWHERE. We need to go bowling soon or I will go mad, but I will still be seen in JTS nonetheless year after year.

JVAR

Mar 27, 2006
Eagle Grove, IA
How did Illinois make it??? they got beat by the lowly hawks.

They are gonna get hammered by USC. I am not a USC fan by any means, but they might be playing some of the best football right now.

Go2Guy

Mar 18, 2006
Houston, TX
no bowl. thank god they didnt go.

I actually was hoping for a way they'd sneak in. I think it would have been excellent humiliation to see a 6-win Iowa team, with little motivation, stink it up in a bowl. I wonder how many Hawk fans would have traveled to see a 6-6 team; 8,000?

Bobber

Apr 12, 2006
Hudson, Iowa
I actually was hoping for a way they'd sneak in. I think it would have been excellent humiliation to see a 6-win Iowa team, with little motivation, stink it up in a bowl. I wonder how many Hawk fans would have traveled to see a 6-6 team; 8,000?

Oh give them more credit than that.... They'd have at least 30,000 there. I think it's a good thing they're not going and sends a strong signal which way that program is going.

acody

Nov 25, 2006
The fact that this years pathetic Iowa team actually qualified for a bowl is absurd. I'm glad they did not go so we did not have to hear weeks of excuses about their injuries, there lack of focus and how they were going to use this as practice time for next year so they could get back to the "high standards" that they are used to, blah, blah, blah, puke, puke, puke.
There are over 60 teams going to bowl games which is also crazy. A bowl should be an award for an accomplishment of a good season not a pass for mediocrity, which is my opinion of Iowa's football history over the long haul.
I notice Rivals has the Iowa 2008 recruiting class ranked 75th thus far. Pretty weak for a coach making nearly $3,000,000.

jumbopackage

Sep 18, 2007
Re: Iowa got ripped off!!!!

NOT:biglaugh:....

How did illinois make it??? they got beat by the lowly hawks:no:

They were an at-large eligible team, and with Ohio State going to the NC game, the Rose Bowl decided that it wanted to keep with it's Pac-10, Big 10 tradition. I think it's pretty cool, actually.

Illinois will get destroyed ala Iowa in '02, but it's still sweet they get a chance.

SplitIdentity

Mar 31, 2007
Minnesota
I don't recall ISU making it into a bowl this year either. But I forgot, they already won their bowl game. They beat Iowa... right? :wink:

SplitIdentity

Mar 31, 2007
Minnesota
Re: Iowa got ripped off!!!!

They were an at-large eligible team, and with Ohio State going to the NC game, the Rose Bowl decided that it wanted to keep with it's Pac-10, Big 10 tradition. I think it's pretty cool, actually.

Illinois will get destroyed ala Iowa in '02, but it's still sweet they get a chance.

I agree. While I don't think Illinois stands much of a chance, they did beat OSU at OSU, so I wouldn't rule them out. Also, I'm glad the Rose Bowl was able to keep the BigTen/Pac10 tradition.

Rogue52

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 20, 2006
Cedar Rapids, IA
The Enterprise will not be traveling south this year?

Very disappointing. It won't feel like the holidays without listening to Gary and Ed call the real National Championship.

markshir

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
Also, Western Michigan won their bowl game this year. Good for them!

cycloneworld

Facebook Knows All
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 20, 2006
Urbandale, IA
I don't recall ISU making it into a bowl this year either. But I forgot, they already won their bowl game. They beat Iowa... right? :wink:

Was Iowa State supposed to win 10 games this year? Nope. We won about as many games as expected. Can your Hawks say the same thing? 10 wins....hahahahhahahahaha, I'm still laughing.:biglaugh:

CyCy

Nov 7, 2006
We beat Iowa, who beat Illinois, who beat Ohio State, who could be the national champion.

I guess that leaves us at 3 rungs above the national champs.

djcubby

Nov 24, 2006
Bondurant
It will be nice to see OSU get hammered by LSU. The Big 11 is so much weaker than it used to be, I don' even think that OSU shoud be playing in the NC game.