If only we could tackle and be aggresive on defense...

ISUFan22

Apr 11, 2006
Denver, CO
We'd be in this football game. OU executes well on offense, yet they're not doing anything that special.

We're just missing tackle, after tackle, after tackle. And that's on one play. Very embarassing.

And...far too much waiting...standing still on defense...letting the ball carrier come to them - vs. actually getting up field and attacking.

*sigh*

cstrunk

Mar 21, 2006
Longview, TX
I agree, no one steps forward to make a big hit, they let them come and just try to arm tackle them and 60-70% of the time get burned.

ISUFan22

Apr 11, 2006
Denver, CO
Finally....some better play in the 2nd half. And unlike last week...OU is not really letting up in the 2nd half.

cycloneworld

Facebook Knows All
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 20, 2006
Urbandale, IA
Tackle, tackle, tackle, tackle, tackle, tackle, tackle, tackle, tackle, tackle.

That gets annoying to watch...

Do our D-backs know how to use their arms when tackling? I hate those "I'll just give into his legs" tackle.

MaxPower57

Mar 30, 2006
Yeah, it is extremely frustrating. Caleb Berg is not a D-1 safety. People talk about inexperience and what not, but I'm not so sure if these guys will ever be that talented. We'll see if returning starters: Parker, Rubin, Frere, Braaksma, Bowen, McKenzie, Carper, Banks, Singleton, Berg, Johnson, and Ja. Smith get any better, I just don't see them getting that much better. And our one returning O-Lineman, Tom Schmeling, is the most pathetic part of an already pathetic offensive line. It is time for a change, and a fresh start.

ColoradoClone

Apr 6, 2006
Yeah, it is extremely frustrating. Caleb Berg is not a D-1 safety. People talk about inexperience and what not, but I'm not so sure if these guys will ever be that talented. We'll see if returning starters: Parker, Rubin, Frere, Braaksma, Bowen, McKenzie, Carper, Banks, Singleton, Berg, Johnson, and Ja. Smith get any better, I just don't see them getting that much better. And our one returning O-Lineman, Tom Schmeling, is the most pathetic part of an already pathetic offensive line. It is time for a change, and a fresh start.

I think Fisher has been the most dissappointing for me. Regardless, I like the play of Banks, Bowen, and McKenzie a lot, and feel there is improvement on Defense. We need to stop allowing quick scores to end the half, but half time adjustments have been good, and pressure on the QB is improving. I wish I could see the same improvements on Offense. I feel if they could sustain a drive, we wouldn't hear the complaining we do about our young defense.

Chris

Mar 20, 2006
Houston
Visit site
Agreed ISUFan22, I don't think OU is all that great. After our first TD I thought we might now be in sinc and could continue to score on them and it would be a high scoring game. But unfortunately, we were too many 3 & outs... how could we look so good on one drive and not so great on all of the others...

ISUFan22

Apr 11, 2006
Denver, CO
Agreed ISUFan22, I don't think OU is all that great. After our first TD I thought we might now be in sinc and could continue to score on them and it would be a high scoring game. But unfortunately, we were too many 3 & outs... how could we look so good on one drive and not so great on all of the others...

Yeah, we had our chances - plenty of them.

Again we can't get the offense moving. Again we give up a score right before the half.

Same song, different verse.

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha

Dropped passes on third down and one missed block by stephonson resulted in three punts. Except for last punt, punting was the highlight for the day.

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
Question of the football year: can anyone in our secondary intercept a pass? Our linebacketrs have more interceptions. LONG YEAR.

Help Support Us

Become a patron