Let's make Hilton like this again

Cloned4Life

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 5, 2006
Ankeny
Just louder than hell! All the time!
https://www.facebook.com/IowaStateMensBasketball/posts/195388490557584
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aj4wuFCff8A&feature=player_embedded]MBB: Iowa State vs. Missouri (1988) - YouTube[/ame]

Never sit down. Don't let the cheap timeout promotion crap on the video board distract you. Do not take a break when "Smile Cam" comes on - stay loud as all heck the entire time, all the time. ALL THE TIME.

By the way, does the athletic department realize how bad Smile Cam, Flex Cam, and all that other crap in between timeouts kills the atmosphere? People go from wild to pitch-quiet in 3 seconds. Why, o why do they do this??

Clones85'

Just Win Baby
Jan 31, 2007
By the way, does the athletic department realize how bad Smile Cam, Flex Cam, and all that other crap in between timeouts kills the atmosphere? People go from wild to pitch-quiet in 3 seconds. Why, o why do they do this??

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

InAWord

Nov 16, 2010
I'll admit the one that kills it for me is the Westown Pub Jukebox pick of the week. The song is usually awful.

And I am about ready to start standing in the aisle at the end of the game like a bouncer (I have 1st row balcony seats on the aisle). I've had it with people leaving early. It's like: 'hey, they're playing the ISU Fight Song with 3 mins left in a close game that's my cue to leave so I can save 10 minutes in the parking lot.'

Reactions: cyhiphopp
C

CyBer

Love all the up the court passes, wish we would play up tempo like that.

GMackey32

TJ's spy team member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 2, 2009
Ames Via Cedar Falls
1988: Top 15 ranked Mizzou comes to Ames and ISU breaks a 7 game losing streak.

2011: Top 10 ranked Mizzou comes to Ames, will ISU break the current 7 game losing streak??

JUKEBOX

Oct 27, 2008
I'll admit the one that kills it for me is the Westown Pub Jukebox pick of the week. The song is usually awful.

And I am about ready to start standing in the aisle at the end of the game like a bouncer (I have 1st row balcony seats on the aisle). I've had it with people leaving early. It's like: 'hey, they're playing the ISU Fight Song with 3 mins left in a close game that's my cue to leave so I can save 10 minutes in the parking lot.'

Pretty sure that Western Pub guy destroyed CyBer if I remember correctly.

ISU4ME

Aug 26, 2007

Worst advertising of all time. "BK" looks like he is about 4 hours into a football tailgate. Looks like he has been on a bender.

ISU_Alum_2000

All-Star
Oct 21, 2006
Aliso Viejo, CA
Yes!!! THAT is what I remember growing up. A non-stop, relentless wave of passion that suffocates the other team.

The key that some people may not know or remember... it's the CROWD that gets the team going, not the other way around. There may be a play or two that lights the fuse, but once the crowd reaches and maintains a fever pitch the ISU players will feel it and respond, let it carry them, and the other team will begin to feel powerless against it.

I KNOW we can get it back, but let's DO IT instead of talk about it. You have make the players believe that, in our house, there isn't any team that can beat us. THAT is Hilton Magic, and there is no room for the timid.

Just imagine the look on Fred's face when he looks around and recognizes that, for the first time, for real, it's BACK!

I haven't been this pumped for a game in a long time. So many things lining up recently for the program (new coach, new players, great start to conference play), this game has a chance to be a real springboard.

ruxCYtable

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 29, 2007
Colorado
Thanks for sharing. Great memories.

So many Cyclone greats in that clip. Doc, Lafester, Elmer...

One of my favorites Marc Urquhardt. Came to ISU as a walk-on, was literally the last guy of the bench for two or three years. He was Hester before Hester. Ending up starting by the time he was a senior. Was a genius and became a doctor.

Surprised to see CR Regis kid Breitbach in the highlights. I don't remember him playing much when he was there. I have a JV game at CR Xavier tonight and he's on the staff, maybe I'll see him there.

JUKEBOX

Oct 27, 2008
I blame CA and ads for Hilton not being as good.

Conversely, Jack Trice had some magic this year.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron