A Change

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com
I'm just now getting to see yesterday's game.

I think it's fair to say that one impressive change for this team is that the guys are understanding now how to play with Royce White.

It seems like they anticipate his passes much better, and they understand his vision on the offensive end. A game is really interesting with Royce White in there.

Royce-A-Mania is running wild right now!

ISUAgronomist

Nov 5, 2009
On the farm, IA
Seeing his passes in person yesterday made my jaw drop at times. Just crazy how he could deliver.

Very good job communicating on the floor by the entire team.

isutrevman

Jan 30, 2007
Ames, IA
I'm just now getting to see yesterday's game.

I think it's fair to say that one impressive change for this team is that the guys are understanding now how to play with Royce White.

It seems like they anticipate his passes much better, and they understand his vision on the offensive end. A game is really interesting with Royce White in there.

Royce-A-Mania is running wild right now!

It looks like EVERYONE is figuring out their role an playing together much more smoothly. Chris Allen is being more patient and not forcing things, Babb is taking good shots and making them now, Ejim and Gibson are being active around the basket, making their lay-ups and rebounding, Mcgee is drving when the defense over plays and will probably get more looks from 3 in the future. Booker is rebounding, playing much better defense and knocking down open shots. There is finally some flow to the offense and we are getting easy shots inside and out. On top of that, they are finally playing good team defense. I thought they defended pretty well against Texas, but couldn't get rebounds.

It is impressive how much better they have looked the last 2 games than ANY game this year. Hopefully they don't take a step back and continue to get better.

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
I thought about a complaint thread off of the triple-double, along the lines of "if he did it yesterday, he should have done it 17 times already." I thought that had some odd potential.

I'm just a little ****** he isn't working harder defensively in the rebounding and steals areas. A quadruple double isn't too much to ask for.

cycfan1

Nov 27, 2006
Ames
Seeing his passes in person yesterday made my jaw drop at times. Just crazy how he could deliver.

Very good job communicating on the floor by the entire team.

That one hand - underhand pass to someone underneath the bucket (believe layup was missed) was one of the best and most unique passes I have probably ever seen from the top of the key.

Such a unique skill set.

C

CyBer

Yep his assists are crazy good, and could look better if the people he was throwing them too would pay attention.

ISUAgronomist

Nov 5, 2009
On the farm, IA
That one hand - underhand pass to someone underneath the bucket (believe layup was missed) was one of the best and most unique passes I have probably ever seen from the top of the key.

Such a unique skill set.

That was the main one I was thinking about. Just crazy. I'll have to watch my recording of the game again.

enisthemenace

Dec 5, 2009
Runnells, IA
Yesterday is an example of just how difficult this team could be for opposing teams. That 8-10 minute.stretch in the first half was insane. Everybody was scoring and RW facilitated:

- Gibson's reverse layup on an incredilbe pass from RW
- Scotty's jumper from the top of the key, curling around RW
- Babb's bomb, another drop off from RW
- Allen's up and under
- Another Gibson reverse layup...another incredible pass from RW
- Booker's 3
- McGee's 3

Reid Gettis and the old dude were dumbfounded. It was very fun to watch...3 times.

Edit: How could I forget about the skip pass to Babb for another bomb? A&M had no answer, and they knew it early on.

Last edited:

enisthemenace

Dec 5, 2009
Runnells, IA
I've enjoyed listing to these guys fall in love with watching Royce play basketball.

I also liked hearing the words "very good team" used to describe our team. That's a welcome change.

How about on the underhanded pass to Ejim, where all Reid could say was "Gee whiz". Classic.

Peter

Feb 21, 2010
Madison, Wisconsin

Such a unique skill set.

Pass was to Ejim and he got fouled before he could get the shot up. I thought as a whole, guys were really looking for RW's passes and finished well.

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver
How about on the underhanded pass to Ejim, where all Reid could say was "Gee whiz". Classic.

Also, the play-by-play guy with "Babb, Please" was awesome. Those guys were a little in awe yesterday and it sure felt good.