Geniuses at Rag pick state's top players...

acgclone

Feb 21, 2007
LOL....Gatens. Well, I guess the Hawks that argue that Fran is doing more with less than Fred can be directed to these "expert" opinions.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
Thought Scotty should be shooting guard.

Rice should be shooting guard, but Scotty is a better choice for sixth man than most of their choices, as are McGee and Babb. Unless they're saying the sixth man has to be somebody who doesn't start.

Bottom line, if there were a draft of players from the four schools, Royce would be every team's first pick, Rice and Koch would be 2nd and 3rd, and it's highly doubtful more than one Hawkeye would be in the next three.

They're well coached and getting better under Fran but they are still lacking athleticism, hilarious the lengths writers would go to masking it because it's obvious even to their own fans.

Stewo

Oct 29, 2008
Iowa
How McGee wasn't everyone's 6th man is beyond me. Also, the 2 guard should go to Babb, Allen or SC. This core of guys is next to the top in the country in 3's. Doesn't matter, though. ISU will continue to do its thing the rest of the season anyway.

Nihawk

Nov 3, 2009
SC should probably be shooting guard, but other than that, nothing to get to upset about.

Rhoadhoused

Apr 27, 2010
Ames, IA
We have too many good players, especially at SG. No one of them can get enough points to win something like this, but I would take all three of them over Gatens.

ppclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
How McGee wasn't everyone's 6th man is beyond me. Also, the 2 guard should go to Babb, Allen or SC. This core of guys is next to the top in the country in 3's. Doesn't matter, though. ISU will continue to do its thing the rest of the season anyway.

Ummm, we got worked by UNI and Drake. I wouldn't expect us to have more than Royce. Its a trashy little puff piece by the Register (you know, the journalistic juggernaut that brings you chats with Randy P, stories that are actually biased against state teams...and my favorite....YOU VOTE polling questions that turn into this type of drivel).

I'm sure its based on the 4 teams games against each other. we have no guards, so no surprise there. And Koch owned both big schools. So i would not get worked up over this. Lets keep our eyes ahead. We're playing well. Keep it going and maybe the Pulitzers at the Register will have a YOU VOTE! on who the best players are at the end of the season.

Stewo

Oct 29, 2008
Iowa
Ummm, we got worked by UNI and Drake. I wouldn't expect us to have more than Royce. Its a trashy little puff piece by the Register (you know, the journalistic juggernaut that brings you chats with Randy P, stories that are actually biased against state teams...and my favorite....YOU VOTE polling questions that turn into this type of drivel).

I'm sure its based on the 4 teams games against each other. we have no guards, so no surprise there. And Koch owned both big schools. So i would not get worked up over this. Lets keep our eyes ahead. We're playing well. Keep it going and maybe the Pulitzers at the Register will have a YOU VOTE! on who the best players are at the end of the season.

So, you think this ISU team is the same that played the UNI and Drake games? I think 99% of people here would disagree with that.

cyclones500

Jan 29, 2010
Michigan
basslakebeacon.com
I voted in it.

When that poll first came out, ISU wasn't looking close to what we saw vs. A&M. Otherwise I might've had 3 Cyclones on the top.

Peterson's unit makes the most sense (and gave nod to McGee for sixth man) -- reader poll left off Rice, which I assumed was a no-brainer unless Babb was going to get SG.

2020cy

Aug 7, 2006
last year scotty would be. this years not. i don't think the picks are that bad to be honest, except for putting gatens in there. think rice is more accurate.

True, but was trying to help the team and was playing out of his position. Voting should have been based somewhat on last year also.

ppclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
So, you think this ISU team is the same that played the UNI and Drake games? I think 99% of people here would disagree with that.

No, i don't think that. So i would be in the 100% of people that think we're better now than then.

I am saying they posted the poll 2 weeks ago. And i think its largely based on the games where we played each other.

Note at the end when i said we're playing well...keep it up and maybe they'll post one of these dorky polls again at the end of the season.

I wouldn't trade this team for anything right now.

marothisu

Jun 15, 2009
NYC
Royce White isn't a Center, he's a forward. Percy Gibson and Jordan Railey are the only guys on the team who actually play Center. Does everyone suck that much at the Center position that they had to put Royce White there?

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron