Barnett should not have been pulled.

Clones85'

Just Win Baby
Jan 31, 2007
How is it any different than when Jantz was pulled earlier this year? It's not.

JMCato

Nov 21, 2011
Ankeny, IA
www.flickr.com
It is different because Steele was a turnover machine for all 7 and now 8 games that he played in this year. But the minute Barnett started to have a bad game he got pulled. The kid had a fumble maybe he was injured I don't know and clearly he was not on top of his game but I do think Jantz had a much longer leash during the first 7 games of the season.

Reactions: CyDude16

Clones85'

Just Win Baby
Jan 31, 2007
It is different because Steele was a turnover machine for all 7 and now 8 games that he played in this year. But the minute Barnett started to have a bad game he got pulled. The kid had a fumble maybe he was injured I don't know and clearly he was not on top of his game but I do think Jantz had a much longer leash during the first 7 games of the season.

It's not different. Jantz had some good games in his early starts, than struggled for some games and than was pulled early in a game. Exact same as Barnett. Had some good games in early starts, but had been bad for 2 games and than was bad today and got pulled. No different

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
It's not different. Jantz had some good games in his early starts, than struggled for some games and than was pulled early in a game. Exact same as Barnett. Had some good games in early starts, but had been bad for 2 games and than was bad today and got pulled. No different

I wouldnt necessarily call them good games. Good finishes? yes. But he had to engineer comebacks from situations that were self-created.

Barnett? Definitely not perfect, but has shown a lot more than Jantz. His 'bad 2 games' were against 2 of the top 3 teams in the conference.

I figured Barnett had to be injured to be out. Definitely dont think it was the right call to pull him as quickly as they did.

Last edited:

Clones85'

Just Win Baby
Jan 31, 2007
I wouldnt necessarily call them good games. Good finishes? yes. But he had to engineer comebacks from situations that were self-created.

How is that different than Barnett? 3 turnovers against OSU and we had to come back. It's the same thing!

Drive4cy

Nov 17, 2006
Jantz has played 1 good game and that was against Iowa's shotty defense.

I was fine with Steele getting a series or two but I don't think he should have played the rest of the game. The entire game seemed to be littered with questionable decisions so it doesn't surprise me. Just one of those games, I guess. I don't think it would have mattered who we had at QB today the way the team played collectively.

DesertClone1

DesertClone
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 6, 2009
Queen Creek, AZ
Makes me wonder what happened at the practices.. if JB wasn't giving 100% maybe got an Ego that coach didnt like... who knows he maybe was sending a message to JB... no one will really know

Palmer

Jun 10, 2008
Johnston, IA

Steel Jantz should never see the field as the QB again.

Reactions: ISUAgronomist

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
Jantz has had one game where he wasn't a total liability at some point, and that was Iowa. He looked terrible against Rutgers and is a worse ballcarrier than Barnett. I agree I don't get it. If we're pulling people for performance, we should have put Barnett back in after Jantz sailed what looked like his first five passes 10 feet over the receivers hands.

Die4Cy

Jan 2, 2010
Jared was really out of sync and couldn't hit the broad side of a barn. I can't blame coach for wanting to go with Jantz.

But OMG Jantz was a terrible decision maker again last night. If he is our starter next year we will see pressure defense with tons of blitzes every week.

brett108

May 1, 2010
Tulsa, OK

Barnett? Definitely not perfect, but has shown a lot more than Jantz. His 'bad 2 games' were against 2 of the top 3 teams in the conference.

I figured Barnett had to be injured to be out. Definitely dont think it was the right call to pull him as quickly as they did.

Have any of you idiots been watching these games. How many fumbles has Barnett lost this year? Do those not count as turnovers now? How are they any different than interceptions?

CPR knows more than you. Deal with it. Barnett looks like the worst passer in college half his games. So limit this praise.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron