Sam Richardson Time

kingcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 16, 2006
Menlo, Iowa
He hasn't played one down at this level let's not get too exicited yet.

kas4cy

Sep 11, 2011
Iowa City, IA
Rhoads will put out the best QB on starting day. It might not be Richardson. We'll have to wait and see. Calm your horses. Guy hasn't played a down of college football yet.

CYKOFAN

Mar 27, 2006
I'm an SJ fan and he had a few good moments tonight, but overall he just didn't do what he had to do to show he can be the guy we need next year. He got his second chance tonight and just didn't make the most of it. His decision making overall is just not good. I think we go into next year with Barnett and Richardson in a two man race with both getting their opportunities early to see who can run this offense and lead this team. If Richardson is clearly the better qb I think we can put up with some growing pains for the long term good of the program. From his high school tape which was against big Florida schools loaded with d-1 talent, he looked like he ws born to run the spread. That is as long as we stay with the spread, which I expect we will.

IceCyIce

Aug 17, 2009
Grimes
I would like for one guy to step up and clearly be the guy. switching QB in a game creates multiple problems for the whole team, timing etc.

swarthmoreCY

Aug 9, 2008
Here nor there
I'm an SJ fan and he had a few good moments tonight, but overall he just didn't do what he had to do to show he can be the guy we need next year. He got his second chance tonight and just didn't make the most of it. His decision making overall is just not good. I think we go into next year with Barnett and Richardson in a two man race with both getting their opportunities early to see who can run this offense and lead this team.

New OC: Hey Steele, you have just as good of chance at being the best QB next year as anyone, but we are not going to consider you for the QB position.....Sorry, but we are going to punish you for being rusty in the bowl game after 2 months of not playing. Plus, we do not care if we play our best QB next year.

Bigguns

Sep 22, 2008
New OC: Hey Steele, you have just as good of chance at being the best QB next year as anyone, but we are not going to consider you for the QB position.....Sorry, but we are going to punish you for being rusty in the bowl game after 2 months of not playing. Plus, we do not care if we play our best QB next year.
If he was rusty after 2 months off and only a slightly more accurate passer than Barnett(who I will argue played against better defenses than SJ and that is why his accuracy is statistically worse), was he the best choice against what u call a run blitzing defense?

swarthmoreCY

Aug 9, 2008
Here nor there
If he was rusty after 2 months off and only a slightly more accurate passer than Barnett(who I will argue played against better defenses than SJ and that is why his accuracy is statistically worse), was he the best choice against what u call a run blitzing defense?

Hindsight is not logic.

Nevertheless, he did virtually equal JB's stats in his first two drives.

Bigguns

Sep 22, 2008
Hindsight is not logic.

Nevertheless, he did virtually equal JB's stats in his first two drives.
One could argue that Barnett was rusty at the beginning of the game from the long layoff as well. I would have more confidence in Barnett knocking off the rust after a shorter layoff than SJ. I wonder if something happened on the sideline that we don't know about?

CYKOFAN

Mar 27, 2006
SwarthmoreCy- SJ is clearly our most talented qb right now. In the pre-season scrimmage he looked like an all Big 12 qb. The problem is that even in our wins early in the season he made bad decisions and some unexplainable throws which he had to overcome at the end of games, and luckily the competition wasn't great and we got the wins. But since his injury and tonight, when he wasn't injured, the bad decisions and unexplainable throws keep coming. He might clearly be our best qb this spring and fall, as he was this past year, but there's getting to be good reason to doubt that he can bring it to game day and eliminate the costly mistakes that hurt the offense. Nobody would like to see SJ play up to his talent on game day any more than me, but I'm getting skeptical he can do it.