You guys wanna trade quarterbacks?

Clark

Jun 24, 2009
Altoona
Vandenburg is killing me right now.

Looks like ISU fans won't be the only one's hoping a redshirt freshmen will see snaps at quarterback next year.

ISUAlum2002

Apr 11, 2006
Toon Town, IA
Kinda pathetic that in a state with 2 BCS level programs neither has a consistently decent quarterback. Not even one that can just manage a game and not kill his team.

rhillary

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 31, 2007
Plainfield, IL
Vandenburg is a better QB than Jantz/Tiller/JB, but his style isn't spread so I don't think switching would really help either team right now.

Vandenburg doesn't look THAT bad though. Rough, yes, but not as terrible as what we saw earlier today...:confused:

Clark

Jun 24, 2009
Altoona
Without a doubt. Can we also trade OCs?

wait, you want Ken O'Keefe? Sure, what the hell.

As for Vandy, it's not that the 9-20 that gets me, it's the complete lack of pocket awareness.

To the previous poster, James would actually play better out of a spread look I think. He's much better throwing out of the shotgun.

pujolsman

Mar 3, 2008
Kinda pathetic that in a state with 2 BCS level programs neither has a consistently decent quarterback. Not even one that can just manage a game and not kill his team.

Not extremely surprising though. From what I can tell most high school programs in Iowa are run first, some to the extent where they almost completely give up on the passing game. Which would be why most great quarterbacks from the two schools have come from out of state.

Clark

Jun 24, 2009
Altoona
You want to trade Okeefe for no one? Whoever CPR gets will be better than Okeefe.

Maybe CPR is planning on hiring KOK. I know a few Iowa fans that would offer to pay his moving expenses. They might even chip in on his salary as well.

swarthmoreCY

Aug 9, 2008
Here nor there
wait, you want Ken O'Keefe? Sure, what the hell.

As for Vandy, it's not that the 9-20 that gets me, it's the complete lack of pocket awareness.

To the previous poster, James would actually play better out of a spread look I think. He's much better throwing out of the shotgun.

ISU would have won at least 8 games with JVB and O'Keefe.

Clark

Jun 24, 2009
Altoona
ISU would have won at least 8 games with JVB and O'Keefe.

I actually agree that James is the best quarterback in the state, the original point of the thread was to point out that both fanbases want a redshirt freshmen quarterback to play.

kingcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 16, 2006
Menlo, Iowa
I would take what ISU has at QB and OC over what Iowa has there. I would love to have a line that blocks as well as theirs does. The line is what makes those guys look so good.

swarthmoreCY

Aug 9, 2008
Here nor there
I would take what ISU has at QB and OC over what Iowa has there. I would love to have a line that blocks as well as theirs does. The line is what makes those guys look so good.
I only watched them against ISU (and a little NU). Considering ISU's DLine, I am going to have to disagree. They handled run blitzes about as well as we did today. The big difference being they use play action and vertical passing to get the defense beat it.

kas4cy

Sep 11, 2011
Iowa City, IA
Maybe CPR is planning on hiring KOK. I know a few Iowa fans that would offer to pay his moving expenses. They might even chip in on his salary as well.

God, don't even joke about that. I think I would vomit through my eyeballs for 3 strait weeks.

bosco

Dec 21, 2008
Des Moines
God, don't even joke about that. I think I would vomit through my eyeballs for 3 strait weeks.

I just did that watching that last pathetic offensive performance. Actually it was only a few hours but it felt like 3 weeks.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron