Pinstripe Bowl stadium prep (photo)

jr4cy

Nov 13, 2008
AhnszYjCEAEstwS.jpg:large

Reactions: clone319

Clonefan94

Oct 18, 2006
Schaumburg, IL
I imagine if they ever installed field turf it probably would be painted.

I'll take it the way it is now at JTS then. I love the natural grass. And after seeing how many people went down in games this year like Baylor and others in the NFL, there is no way anyone can convince me that the field turf is that much better than astro-turf was. I've played softball on the stuff here in our indoor sportscenter and it is softer and a little more forgiving than astroturf, but it's still a lot easier to get a cleat stuck in that stuff than it is on real grass.

RhoadsRage

I AM SO PROUD....
Bookie
Jan 25, 2010
McGregor
Hey Cyclone fanatics. First, I'll post the obligatory "Sorry if this has been posted before", but second, I stumbled across this photo of Yankee Stadium in preparation for the Pinstripe bowl. Hope it can whet your Cyclone fan-dom for the next six days!

Yankee Stadium is ready to go bowling ... | MLB.com: News

I think I just threw up in my mouth a little having to look at my beloved Iowa St. endzone tarnished by the Yankee logo in the background. :unsure:

aute19

Sep 30, 2011
I think I just threw up in my mouth a little having to look at my beloved Iowa St. endzone tarnished by the Yankee logo in the background. :unsure:

As a die-hard Orioles fan, I agree. But I still think it's pretty neat to see ISU in Yankee Stadium.

I'm so ready for Friday.

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009

I prefer to think of it the other way around. Yankee Stadium's homeplate has never looked better!

FootballinTexas

Aug 2, 2009
Im a Rangers fan but I agree with Cycsk. This is a great time of year for the ISU end zone painting to be outside of JTS. Maybe the Yankee mystic will filter in and ISU will become such a storied program.

chuckd4735

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Indianola
I remember reading an article in the register that said ISU goes through 250 gallons of paint in prepping the field for each game, so you would think they are probably spending between $5-$10K just to paint the field for each game. If they painted the end zones in cardinal, I would imagine that amount would be about doubled.

clones26

Nov 8, 2006
Urbandale
i about **** myself when i saw that endzone, thought the Pinstripe Bowl emblem was the McCarney birdnado. I liked the endzone how it was before the red paint in the original picture, like JTS, thought they were done. Not against the red/cardinal endzone, but liked the grass background more