Pelini steals Iowa's defensive line coach

cyhiphopp

Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
Ankeny
Interesting. Is Nebraska going to be paying him that much more than Iowa? Or does he think he has a better future at Nebby?

fatkid1974

Apr 3, 2010
van down by the river
bfd, he hasn't recruited a starting DL in probably 5 years. All the studs they have had have come from other positions to be DL. At least thats what a hawk fan friend told me. He was glad he was gone.

rhillary

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 31, 2007
Plainfield, IL
bfd, he hasn't recruited a starting DL in probably 5 years. All the studs they have had have come from other positions to be DL. At least thats what a hawk fan friend told me. He was glad he was gone.

I bet the defensive line coach had NOTHING to do with these position switches or coaching them and developing them after the switch. Probably an excellent move for the hawkeyes because why would they want him around? Sounds like a bum!

:jimlad:

nhclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 20, 2008

Some people really don't understand the recruiting process. Being a d-line coach doesn't mean he went all over the country recruiting only D-Linemen. Of our 4 d-line recruits this season, guess how many Shane Brunham recruited? That's right, 0. Got himself out recruited by Tom Herman and Luke Wells on that front.

The D-Line coach is much more responsible for the development of those players. So, is his coaching more impressive because he took a 3* TE and made him al all-conference lineman, or that he took a 3* DE and did the same?

ISU4ME

Aug 26, 2007
Big loss as they have had success putting D linemen in the NFL.

IowaSTATCyclone

Dec 4, 2009

Yeah, that D-Line has been worthless for the hawks. Good thing they are so inventive on offense...

Hawkeye11en1

Apr 22, 2011
Colorado
People on HN are happy.. from what they have said, he wasn't well respected by the players.

I will say this: he was INTENSE. From all accounts I know, the guy will fit in pretty well with Pelini.

It's astounding the amount of attrition Iowa has had on the DL. Now, to blame all that on him is not fair, but you never know. I'm not happy he is gone, but we will see what happens with the DL in the next few years. Less attrition would be nice.

dualthreat

Oct 8, 2008
Lose defensive coordinator and d line coach... Can't hurt our chances next year in Iowa city can it?

ca4cy

Dec 6, 2009
North Central IA
BoChristmas.jpg

Could you say no?

Reactions: cyhiphopp

Help Support Us

Become a patron