Niang next game: Friday 4:25 PM Tilton Verses St Mark's

BostonPrep

Mar 12, 2011

Saint Mark's players I know of:

Nik Stauskas (Michigan Commit) 6'6" SG/SF I saw Nik play last year and he was impressive:

Keleb was also good but I expected him to be good. I think Nerlens is better in all aspects of the game but 7'0" is big big big. Kaleb Tarczewski (Arizona Commit) 7'0 center this kid was good last year we'll see what he brings for Nerlens and Goodluck.

Jarred Reuter, 6'8" PF (Indiana offered and getting looked at by others) looking forward to seeing him play. I hope I make it to the game.

Not sure if Niang will line up against Jarred or Nik. If it is Nik then we'll get a chance to see Niang's defense as he will have to be on his toes to with Nik's speed. Last year Nik was fast enough to penetrate and get the ball to the hole a bit against Tilton. If it is Jarred then it should be very physical...

madcityCY

Nov 29, 2006
Madison, WI
Wow. I had no idea all those guys played for St. Mark's. Heck of a matchup - again. Tilton is playing all sorts of talent.

GeorgesFan

Jul 18, 2011
Wow. I had no idea all those guys played for St. Mark's. Heck of a matchup - again. Tilton is playing all sorts of talent.

Tilton beat St Mark's in March for the 2011 NEPSAC Class AA championship. That was the first game in which Fred saw Georges play.

BostonPrep

Mar 12, 2011
I really wanted Fred to land him.

Yup, he is talented. There is some bitter history between these two teams...

Last year Niang had 21 points against ST Marks. Although that might not seem like that much since his average was 24+.

He shot 100%. I do not know all of the details, but he shot 1 three, a couple mid range, some underneath and was at the line at least one time.

There will no doubt be a Niang plan for trying to keep him from heating up.....

madcityCY

Nov 29, 2006
Madison, WI
Tilton beat St Mark's in March for the 2011 NEPSAC Class AA championship. That was the first game in which Fred saw Georges play.

It's been quite a 10 month span, huh? When Georges was first offered, no one had heard of him - at least no Cyclone fans. They/ We didn't know what to think.

...can't believe it's been less than a year. Is that right?

GeorgesFan

Jul 18, 2011
It's been quite a 10 month span, huh? When Georges was first offered, no one had heard of him - at least no Cyclone fans. They/ We didn't know what to think.

That is correct. At that point I think he had offers from Texas A&M and (dare I say it) Iowa and Maryland. 'til this day I still hear analysts talk about how he doesn't pass the "eye" test. But that is what I loved about CFH. He had been around basketball long enough to see what type of player Georges is and what he is capable of. One game. No need to evaluate any further. He got it.

BostonPrep

Mar 12, 2011

No Joke,

Not knowing what to think didn't keep some from typing...now Niang sounds like a ISU spokesperson every time someone asks him about his commitment..

At the end of the day the relationship Fred has with the BABC head coach was huge for ISU and then Fred followed it up with his own personal touch and practically move to Tilton every time NCAA permitted him to visit....

madcityCY

Nov 29, 2006
Madison, WI
No Joke,

Not knowing what to think didn't keep some from typing...now Niang sounds like a ISU spokesperson every time someone asks him about his commitment..

At the end of the day the relationship Fred has with the BABC head coach was huge for ISU and then Fred followed it up with his own personal touch and practically move to Tilton every time NCAA permitted him to visit....

Yeah - wish some people could just slow down a bit in those cases, but that's a message board for ya.

madcityCY

Nov 29, 2006
Madison, WI
Btw, did I see something about Leo Papile will no longer be scouting/ player development for the Celtics? Any idea why? Is he still going to coach BABC?

BostonPrep

Mar 12, 2011
Yeah - wish some people could just slow down a bit in those cases, but that's a message board for ya.

it's all good, and it's like water off a duck for these players. They have been through lots AAU coaches recruiting talking trash, college coaches recruiting

then during the games... you get close enough to the court during a game and the trash talk is nuts. then after the game you see they know the other players and are having a laugh together.

These kids have thick skin

GeorgesFan

Jul 18, 2011
Btw, did I see something about Leo Papile will no longer be scouting/ player development for the Celtics? Any idea why? Is he still going to coach BABC?

No reason was given. But Leo has always had alot of irons in the fire so I don;t imagine that he will be bored. He has still been coaching BABC. They played in a few local tournaments during the fall season.

GeorgesFan

Jul 18, 2011
But in Niang's case it was really idiotic by some fans. He had a early offer after Hoiberg watched his game in person. Did some CF posters think Fred got the jersey numbers mixed up?

And...CFH was the third coach from ISU that came to see Georges play. The First was Coach Lutz and then TJ came to the NEPSAC semi-final game. I think this all occured within a 2 week time span.

The fans were just reiterating the reviews that they read about Georges. I think his ESPN profile still says he can only play for 20 minutes at the right level. The only thing I think they have updated in 2 years in his profile is his offers. All the reviews on Georges seemed to focus on what they thought he couldn't do and not on the type of player that he is.

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006
I'm not worried about George and I don't remember a whole lot of negativity even early on. there was some but I don't remember it being that bad.

Does anybody know if we are recruiting Selden? I have't seen him mentioned with us. Maybe he's shown no interest in ISU.

swarthmoreCY

Aug 9, 2008
Here nor there
I'm not worried about George and I don't remember a whole lot of negativity even early on. there was some but I don't remember it being that bad.

It is subjective, but the reaction to George's offer was similar to that of Uthoff and Abrahamson imo. Probably worse when you consider how early the offer was. Rivals profile did not show "the right" size, weight, and offers for some.

BostonPrep

Mar 12, 2011

Does anybody know if we are recruiting Selden? I have't seen him mentioned with us. Maybe he's shown no interest in ISU.

I would imagine they would have at least said hi. Guarantee Selden knows who Fred is the gym is too small for everyone not to know each other.

I have scene Niang tweet that negativity fuels his fire so it doesn't seem to get him down and he is like a walking ISU advertisement so I wouldn't worry either..

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006
I have scene Niang tweet that negativity fuels his fire so it doesn't seem to get him down and he is like a walking ISU advertisement so I wouldn't worry either..

I'm going to start tweeting bad things to George. :smile:

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron