Dear ISU fans, please help Eric LeGrand get on the cover of Sports Illustrated

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

HPNJRUfan

Dec 5, 2011
Highland Park, NJ
Hoping to find some love here. Simply put we have an All-Hands on deck situation on our board to get our player Eric LeGrand who was paralyzed against Army last year on the cover of SI. We were going back and forth with the Cards David Freese for #1 (are there lots of Cardinal fans in Iowa?) but Barcelona's Messi came out of no where today. We are currently in 2nd, voting ends tomorrow.

Thread on our board and how to vote here:
ScarletNation.com - Message Boards

Reactions: wright4cy

HPNJRUfan

Dec 5, 2011
Highland Park, NJ
Thank you, forgot to add that you can vote as many times as you want, some people are in the 1000's of total votes. So if you can, vote as much as possible until midnight tomorrow :yes:

Cy$

Sep 1, 2011
Ames
Thank you, forgot to add that you can vote as many times as you want, some people are in the 1000's of total votes. So if you can, vote as much as possible until midnight tomorrow :yes:

ill vote..I hate Barcelona so anything to do to make him lose is worth it on that alone...

also, watched ESPN preseason and he was on there talking about how Rutgers was gonna surprise people...smart dude..also was classy...had a strange feeling I would see him again..I guess a bowl game counts

HPNJRUfan

Dec 5, 2011
Highland Park, NJ
ill vote..I hate Barcelona so anything to do to make him lose is worth it on that alone...

also, watched ESPN preseason and he was on there talking about how Rutgers was gonna surprise people...smart dude..also was classy...had a strange feeling I would see him again..I guess a bowl game counts

While at the bowl game you can also hear his analyses on 710 AM WOR, he does Pregame, halftime, and Post game. :cool:

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
You have just summoned the world's greatest fans when it comes to online voting. We dominate. Who is making the macro?

yCy

Apr 12, 2006
I voted. I hope he gets it. He is a very inspirational young man. Good luck!

Omaha Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 1, 2007
www.tecmobowl-vs-rbi.com
Voted. Its a tragedy with what happened to EL, but he uses his position to inspire and help others. I hope he ends up with a full time gig in a booth somewhere. He's an awesome young man.

BlondeCy

Jul 25, 2008
I couldn't figure out where to vote at.

Follow the link in the first post and follow the directions from there . . . It takes you to the ScarletNation Board that has specific instructions to vote on face book.

Last edited:

FarminCy

Nov 14, 2009
Nowhere and Everywhere
Just voted a bunch of times.

How are we not dominating this thing yet.

People need to get behind this story. EL's story is on a whole different level than the other's. Who cares about some freaking soccer team from Spain and who gives a rats *** that the Cards won another world series. His story and moment is about getting on with life and overcoming obstacles. This is a no brainer.

I know it's not for an ISU player but this is a story that is more than worthy of our legendary online voting.

Do you guys really want to see some european soccer match as the sports moment of the year on a United States sports magazine.

Lets do this!!!! So far the Rutgers guys on here have been great so lets help them out a little.

Last edited: