ESPN's Big 12 All-Underrated Team

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
I was really impressed by Leonard Johnson when he played us. He played Blackmon very well.

LJ is a beast. His only problem is that his numbers aren't up there with some other corners because teams just don't throw at him. Reeves has held his own most of the year, but teams were willing to take chances on him and stay away from LJ.

cyclones500

Jan 29, 2010
Michigan
basslakebeacon.com
Definitely some nice pub.

Jarvis West is easily a candidate for all-underrated. I like the Rhoads nod — as head coaches go, who else would be The Guy in the Big 12 this season?

Others I would stump for:
Jeff Woody
Albert Gary
Two-thirds of Jared Barnett

tm3308

Jun 13, 2010
I'm almost appalled that Johnson made this list. He's got no business being on anything less than second team, and even first team he'd have a legit argument.

The guy pretty much shut down McNutt and Blackmon (he had yards, but he had to earn every one of them). I can think of no one else in the nation who can claim that.

longtimeclone

Dec 8, 2009
Up north
LJ is a beast. His only problem is that his numbers aren't up there with some other corners because teams just don't throw at him. Reeves has held his own most of the year, but teams were willing to take chances on him and stay away from LJ.

I am pretty sure LJ got some good media coverage against OSU. There were quite a few people that watched that game, so I am sure he turned some heads when he limited Blackmon. He will also need to have a good showing at the combine but I think he is probably some NFL teams's watch list.

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
How is Swope underrated....he was talked about a ton this year.