is Missouri gone or not?

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

CyCloned

Oct 18, 2006
Robins, Iowa
I was talking to an ISU buddy today and he was asking me and I have no clue. I have been paying more attention to what ISU is doing in BB and VB and FB. So, are they gone or not?

D

DistrictCyclone

Ask Zoulander and QBzou. They have all the answers.

Haha! You'd think Mizzoulander was Mike Slive's right hand man based on the volume of unsubstantiated ******** rumors and heresy that he tries to pass along as fact. Guy think he knows it all and has an opinion on everything.

As to the OP's question: there's no doubt they're leaving, but I think when is still up in the air. I've been too busy watching us knock off ranked teams and beating Iowa to give a ****, though.

no2cyclones

Mariner Moose
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 26, 2006
Cedar Rapids, IA
They are officially going to the SEC, yes. They will participate in Big XII athletics through the end of the school year, then over the summer, their conference affiliation will change to the SEC.

Stormin

Apr 11, 2006
Yes. Mizzou is gone. They are planning to leave next year. Exit fees are to be determined. WVU is planning on joining the Big 12 next year and replacing Mizzou. IF that does not happen then Mizzou could be in for a big time penalty since that would void the Big 12 TV contracts. IMO, that is one of the big reasons why we have not heard of what the exit fees might be.

CyCloned

Oct 18, 2006
Robins, Iowa
So how much is it going to cost them to leave? I was pretty sure they were gone, just not sure when. Does that mean that there is an open game for 2012 that ISU could fill with Lousiana Monroe or something?

no2cyclones

Mariner Moose
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 26, 2006
Cedar Rapids, IA
So how much is it going to cost them to leave? I was pretty sure they were gone, just not sure when. Does that mean that there is an open game for 2012 that ISU could fill with Lousiana Monroe or something?

Try to keep up:

Mizzou is leaving, West Virginia is taking their spot.

Texas A&M is leaving, TCU is taking their spot.

Same amount of teams, take one team away, slip another one into that spot on the schedule.

CyCloned

Oct 18, 2006
Robins, Iowa
Try to keep up:

Mizzou is leaving, West Virginia is taking their spot.

Texas A&M is leaving, TCU is taking their spot.

Same amount of teams, take one team away, slip another one into that spot on the schedule.

I thought that WV was not going to be able to join next year, because of exit issues, but in 2013, leaving the Big 12 at 9. And I gave up trying to keep up a long time ago, just waiting until the dust settles........

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
I thought that WV was not going to be able to join next year, because of exit issues, but in 2013, leaving the Big 12 at 9. And I gave up trying to keep up a long time ago, just waiting until the dust settles........

I'm guessing the new bi-coastal football arrangements will help WVU leave earlier. The BE now has an equal or greater number schools in football and basketball even without counting WVU, Cuse and Pitt.

The Big 12 is trying to replace its 10th member to stay at 10. The Big East is adding 5 football schools and 3 basketball schools to replace just 3.

It also makes me wonder though if getting WVU in and playing ASAP isn't what's holding up the obvious Louisville invite.

simply1

Rec Center HOF
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 10, 2009
Pdx
Dust hasn't settled yet, come back in a few months.

Mizzoulander

Sep 28, 2011
Haha! You'd think Mizzoulander was Mike Slive's right hand man based on the volume of unsubstantiated ******** rumors and heresy that he tries to pass along as fact. Guy think he knows it all and has an opinion on everything.

As to the OP's question: there's no doubt they're leaving, but I think when is still up in the air. I've been too busy watching us knock off ranked teams and beating Iowa to give a ****, though.

Aren't you the guy who thought KENTUCKY might be willing to join the Big 12?!

I'll put my blind-*** guesses up against your blind-*** guesses ANY day of the week...

:smile:

Stormin

Apr 11, 2006
Kentucky is staying in the SEC. With the addition of two more potential bottom feeders they feel they will be much more competitive now in football.

Al_4_State

Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
Driftless Region
Visit site
The Big East can't make WVU play Big East games next year.

They can make them pay the Big East a **** load of money, but they can't actually make them be part of the league.

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI

Nope. WV has said exit fees are not what's keeping them out. In fact, they've already paid half of them. It's Big East lawsuits insisting they stay in the Big East for the next 27 months that are what's keeping them locked in.

D

DistrictCyclone

Aren't you the guy who thought KENTUCKY might be willing to join the Big 12?!

I'll put my blind-*** guesses up against your blind-*** guesses ANY day of the week...

:smile:

No, jag--I wrote a thread about the pros and cons of a hypothetical invite for Kentucky to join the Big 12. Only a childish fool (i.e., you) would be dumb enough to interpret beyond that.

http://www.cyclonefanatic.com/forum/big-xii-conference/131439-what-about-kentucky.html

Of course, if you actually bothered to read and process information rather than just regurgitating Brady Deaton's talking points, I wouldn't need to tell you that.

Mizzoulander

Sep 28, 2011
No, jag--I wrote a thread about the pros and cons of a hypothetical invite for Kentucky to join the Big 12. Only a childish fool (i.e., you) would be dumb enough to interpret beyond that.

http://www.cyclonefanatic.com/forum/big-xii-conference/131439-what-about-kentucky.html

Of course, if you actually bothered to read and process information rather than just regurgitating Brady Deaton's talking points, I wouldn't need to tell you that.

Oh, I remember how much fun October was. When it was plausible that just about any team might be willing to join the Bevo Conference. Good times, good times.

Being Mike Slive's right-hand man, I ran your "Kentucky to the Big 12" hypothetical invite past him.

He found it...amusing. :smile:

Stormin

Apr 11, 2006
Oh, I remember how much fun October was. When it was plausible that just about any team might be willing to join the Bevo Conference. Good times, good times.

Being Mike Slive's right-hand man, I ran your "Kentucky to the Big 12" hypothetical invite past him.

He found it...amusing. :smile:

Not nearly as amusing as the Mizzou to Big Ten threads. :twitcy: