Cincinnati Xavier brawl

zwclones51

Aug 4, 2010
West Des Moines
Anybody see this? Pure craziness. Cincinnati coach is talking about kickoff some players off his team. #34 should be booted immediately from the team.

CysRage

Oct 18, 2009
What a class act by the Cincinnati coach. Took full responsibility and assured that his players will be dealt with. He said he made each of them take of their jerseys as they did not earn them. Most coaches I'm sure would have blamed the other team.

CyJack13

May 21, 2010
charges should be filed on 34

He punched a guy in the middle of a brawl in a basketball game. He should be suspended for 10+ games or kicked off the team, but there's no way he should have charges brought against him.

CYcoFan

Aug 15, 2007
Ames
That Tu Holloway was an idiot barking at the Cincy bench then taking down the kid to kick the whole thing off. He is a Sr and should know better. I understand there was trash talking before the game, but they were up 21 and he was classless.

Then the Xavier kids saying that "We have a bunch of gangsta's in our locker room, tough guys....." Stay Classy Xavier. Does Jim Schwartz coach Xavier in his spare time?

CyJack13

May 21, 2010
That Tu Holloway was an idiot barking at the Cincy bench then taking down the kid to kick the whole thing off. He is a Sr and should know better. I understand there was trash talking before the game, but they were up 21 and he was classless.

Then the Xavier kids saying that "We have a bunch of gangsta's in our locker room, tough guys....." Stay Classy Xavier. Does Jim Schwartz coach Xavier in his spare time?

Zip 'em up.

mikeiastat

Feb 1, 2007
Madison, WI
He punched a guy in the middle of a brawl in a basketball game. He should be suspended for 10+ games or kicked off the team, but there's no way he should have charges brought against him.

Did you see the sucker punch. The guy he suckerpunched looked like he was trying to break things up. Worst cheap shot I've seen in a long time. Charges could be filed and could go either way depending on sincere handling of this.

Reactions: cyfanatic

CyJack13

May 21, 2010
Did you see the sucker punch. The guy he suckerpunched looked like he was trying to break things up. Worst cheap shot I've seen in a long time. Charges could be filed and could go either way depending on sincere handling of this.

Yes, I've seen it several times. I assume you would like to see an assault charge brought on Tu Holloway too?

mikeiastat

Feb 1, 2007
Madison, WI
I really hope the big XII, never looks at adding Cincinatti. They have always been thuggish and the city is nasty anyway. I would be scared to go on the road. They're little better than UNLV. I put them in the same class, or lack there of.

MissouriCyclone

Jul 24, 2011
Raleigh, North Carolina
Some Cincy players are at fault for sure, but Holiday has no business talking trash to their bench. He said it at the interview that the coaches talk for you. He didn't practice what he preached. Terrible incident and it should never happen, but Cincy isn't the only one to blame here.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
It seems really comparable to the Oregon-BSU punch that Blunt threw. He was dealt a harsh penalty, so I hope Gates does as well. I feel like athletes that do stuff like this should also have to do some sort of community service to make up for it. People that spend their hard earned money on tickets so these athletes can have a scholarship deserve better.

mikeiastat

Feb 1, 2007
Madison, WI

I don't know. Was that the guy jumping and swinging at anything that moved. If he connected with real punches then yes. If it's the guy I'm thinking of I'd love to see some charges, but I don't know what you could make stick. enciting a riot, the DB was mostly whiffing on roundhouses. I think its just hard to make it stick for the lack of bodily harm. But if anybody even got bruised, I hope they at least try.

Both are world class trash. Hope they are both suspended for the season. But, as far as making CHARGES stick, only one likely did significant bodily harm. And it was night and day as far as assult is concerned. The other guy was a DB but he didn't come up to someone at random and blindside a person that was mostly clean as far as calling it instigated.

Agree both teams are total thugs. If I ever saw either side of it from the cyclones it would make me sick to my stomach

ISUAgronomist

Nov 5, 2009
On the farm, IA
But if anybody even got bruised, I hope they at least try.

dm_111210_ncb_xavier_cincy_highlight.jpg

xboxfever

Nov 4, 2008
#13 of Cincinnati kicked #32 of Xavier in the face after he was on the ground. If he does that outside the court, that gets serious jail time. That kid needs to be in jail right now.

CYcoFan

Aug 15, 2007
Ames
Holloway started the fight. Xavier is number 8 in the country and up 21 at the time of the fight. The kid that got puched should go thank Holloway for being such a good Sr leader

JUKEBOX

Oct 27, 2008
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TzX1iar6XQY]Xavier Cincinnati Brawl Fight Yancy Gates and Kenny Frease NCAA - YouTube[/ame]

CYcoFan

Aug 15, 2007
Ames
#13 of Cincinnati kicked #32 of Xavier in the face after he was on the ground. If he does that outside the court, that gets serious jail time. That kid needs to be in jail right now.

I had a serious problem with this too. You never do a man on the deck.

JUKEBOX

Oct 27, 2008
This fight was worse.
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FNypDGoC_8M]miami florida international brawl - YouTube[/ame]

cyclonedave25

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 10, 2007
Chicago, IL
I saw that too. A sucker punch is one thing, kicking a man while he's down is another.
And I didn't get a good look at it but it looked like he stomps on him and then runs away. What a little *****.