Albert Gary - Court Update ISD

DRCHIRO

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 13, 2008
So what is the possibility that the last we see of Albert Gary in a Cyclone uniform is the bowl game?

ISUAgronomist

Nov 5, 2009
On the farm, IA
Unless they throw the book at an alleged first-time offender that has been cooperating with authorities he'll be available to play IMO.

Last edited:

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009

ISUAgronomist

Nov 5, 2009
On the farm, IA
I get so tired of athletes (and other students) doing stupid things and then the police and judges (or victims) making too big a deal of it. I still can't believe that Berryman did jail time for his incident. Some punk on the street got the last laugh on that one, but I'll bet he still flinches every time a big black guy appears in his peripheral vision!

foo32-hh-thumb-320x356-48.png

Thankfully, we have a fair, peer-based judicial system to decide the outcome on the merits of each case.

SplitIdentity

Mar 31, 2007
Minnesota
Given the high horses on here when other teams play players who are waiting on a court date for something like this, I'm surprised there isn't more outrage that he played in the last 6 games of the season?

I mean, shouldn't there also be outrage that he "somehow got his court date conveniently pushed to after the season?"

Sarcasm should be noted.

And, for the record, I stand by what I've always said, innocent until proven guilty, and Rhoads made the right decision by only giving him a three game suspension to start the season, and reserving punishment for AFTER the ruling.

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
Given the high horses on here when other teams play players who are waiting on a court date for something like this, I'm surprised there isn't more outrage that he played in the last 6 games of the season?

I mean, shouldn't there also be outrage that he "somehow got his court date conveniently pushed to after the season?"

Sarcasm should be noted.

And, for the record, I stand by what I've always said, innocent until proven guilty, and Rhoads made the right decision by only giving him a three game suspension to start the season, and reserving punishment for AFTER the ruling.

It does start with athletes doing stupid things. I know they get taunted and are often held to a different standard than other students. However, they just have to man up and not make petty yet criminal mistakes. It is not a bad lifeskill to learn.

SplitIdentity

Mar 31, 2007
Minnesota
It does start with athletes doing stupid things. I know they get taunted and are often held to a different standard than other students. However, they just have to man up and not make petty yet criminal mistakes. It is not a bad lifeskill to learn.

Completely agree. I have no problem with athletes being disciplined on an individual basis. Gary could be an otherwise standup guy, who got caught up in something stupid, or he could could be a complete *******. I don't know him personally, so I trust those who do (his coaches) to hand out a fair punishment. If Rhoads believes he's innocent and was in the wrong place at the wrong time (or something to that effect), I'll trust his judgement.

Yes13

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 9, 2009

Sarcasm should be noted.

sssshhhhhh, if you keep quiet the high horse riders won't come.

CYlent Bob

Aug 7, 2006
The Winterset Metroplex
Can I weigh in from on top of my Shetland Pony?

He got a 3 game suspension just for being charged with this crime. If he's convicted of anything, I have faith that Coach Rhoads will impose another penalty on him after that happens, if it's necessary.

Berryman? He's a bad example of someone in the "wrong place at the wrong time". Dude went out of his way to cross the street and punch some moke on the street....then Suuuuuuuuuper Genius Berryman steals the victim's phone? If he had stopped with the punch, he would have gotten off with a slap on the wrist; however the theft charge for stealing that damn phone (and using violence to do so) is what got him sent to the Graybar Hotel.

I think Berryman is an idiot, but at the same time I cut him a lot of slack because (unlike a certain sexual assualt and assault charge collector from the Iowa Basketball program) he did the time for his crime. Nine months in the Story County Jail for assault and stealing a phone? Might be excessive, but he sure as hell didn't have to put himself in that position in the first place.

Omaha Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 1, 2007
www.tecmobowl-vs-rbi.com
Was Berryman provoked somehow? I don't recall the details....he just decided out of the blue to do that? In no way trying to relieve any of the blame on him, just curious.

cyclone13

Apr 7, 2009
Speaking about Berryman, what happened to him ? IIRC he played for the Barnstormers and the left - personal issues I believe.