Wikipedia says Tony Franklin is New OC

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

Judoka

Jun 16, 2010
Timbuktu
re: (Unconfirmed) Tony Franklin New OC

This is a bad thread and you should feel bad for making it.

DRCHIRO

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 13, 2008

Sounding like he's the man, good hire.

ianoconnor

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 11, 2007
Johnston

I'm confused. Please clear up the thread title if this is just speculation.

Judoka

Jun 16, 2010
Timbuktu

Explain??

A vague and misleading title with only a wikipedia link. No conext, no commentary, no indication whether this is a joke, a rumor, a fact, or anything else. No indication why you even thought it merited a thread. In conclusion, a very bad thread.

Cyclonestate78

May 23, 2008
Re: (Unconfirmed) Tony Franklin New OC

A vague and misleading title with only a wikipedia link. No conext, no commentary, no indication whether this is a joke, a rumor, a fact, or anything else. No indication why you even thought it merited a thread. In conclusion, a very bad thread.

Where is the Jim Rome soundbite with LT... "Not a very good post!"

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NQxT7ab07jk[/ame]

guitarchitect7

Oct 8, 2006
www.chrisboeke.com

I like this quote:

Franklin implemented his new spread offense with only 8 days of practice, prior to the 2007 Chick-fil-A Bowl. The new system proved quite effective as Auburn bested their season average in all offensive categories, posting 423 yards of offense (233 passing / 190 rushing), had 24 first downs and ran an 11-year high 93 offensive plays, all despite playing against the #6 defense in the nation.[8]

JUKEBOX

Oct 27, 2008

Hopefully we can score more than twenty points a game now.

bosco

Dec 21, 2008
Des Moines

I like this quote:
Franklin implemented his new spread offense with only 8 days of practice, prior to the 2007 Chick-fil-A Bowl. The new system proved quite effective as Auburn bested their season average in all offensive categories, posting 423 yards of offense (233 passing / 190 rushing), had 24 first downs and ran an 11-year high 93 offensive plays, all despite playing against the #6 defense in the nation.[8]

Except the following year he gets canned half way through the season.

H

HGPuck

If Franklin is the hire I would certainly get behind it. But it would surprise me for a couple reasons. First, when PR and TF were at Auburn together it was a stressful season and one in which TF got fired mid-season. Maybe they get along very well but its hard to form good chemistry in a situation like that. Second, if PR was really high on TF from their time together at Auburn why didn't he hire him when he got the job. It seemed like a real possibility at that time and PR didn't go that way. Of course none of this diminishes the fact that TF appears to be a very good offensive mind and developed the system that Jared Barnett ran in high school.

Last edited by a moderator:

ISUAgronomist

Nov 5, 2009
On the farm, IA

im guessing you stopping reading then. keep reading. :swoon:

I really hope this isn't true. :sad:

Really.

Letting a guy coach 6 games and then can him and followed up by SEC mouthbreather spin and you are worried about it.

The guy was never given a chance. So, how is Tubberville doing these days?