***WAY TOO EARLY prediction for ISU football 2012***

clonomaniac

Apr 12, 2006
St Louis, MO
I know we have a HUGE bowl game coming up and I think we win this game on December 30 against Rutgers.

Not to make our 2011 campaign less important but I wanted to point out the next year's schedule to you all, maybe a predict a little as well. What do you all think?

Sep 1: Tulsa, a Bowl team with a 8-4 record with a bowl game against BYU, their losses came to Oklahoma (L 14-47), Oklahoma State (L 33-59), Boise State (L 21-41), and Houston (L 16-48). It will be tough but ISU should win it with all their returning starters. The reason is the rest of Tulsa's matchups were ALL CUPCAKES this year. Their bowl date with BYU will be very telling as far as how big of an opponent they truly are.

Sep 8: at Iowa, its a MUST WIN in my opinion - not just because I am an ISU fan and I want Iowa to lose against ISU. I just think that ISU has a LOT TO LOSE if they lose to Iowa than the other way around. If we beat Tulsa and get into 2012 with some pre season consideration in rankings, losing to Iowa will hurt us. I think we can come away with a victory with 2 QBs and 4 good RBs, hopefully all healthy at that point.

Sep 15: Western Illinois - Win

Sep 29: at Texas after "a Bye week". DING DING! This game is very important for the Cyclones. We have a chance to break into top 20 with a win over Texas. I understand that Texas is the old Texas any more especially if they have some more of coaching shuffles at the end of this season. However, the media will find a way to rank them pre-season and beating them would mean us getting ranked, hopefully in the top 20.

Oct 6: Baylor - Win (Without Griffin and Ganaway?, this is a win at home)

Oct 13: Missouri's replacement. Depending on who takes this place, we need to BRING IT because this is a home game and let's just say THE 2012 CYCLONES PROTECTS JTS at least until the Oklahoma game :) I say its a Loss, however. As a Cyclone, we cannot expect a 6-0 record, can we?

Oct 20: at TCU. I am considering this a loss, especially because its time to get the 6th victory to go bowling and ISU may need a few tries - nothing wrong with that. Also, with a loss we might have just slipped away from Top 25 but that's no big deal. We will crack it again :)

Oct 27: Tech at home. We Win. Let's go bowling!!!

Nov 3: at Kansas We win. Our 7th win. The LUCKY SEVEN, Thank you Kansas! You serve a good purpose.

Nov 10: Oklahoma. Now this HAS GOT TO BE Paul Rhoads' "THE SIGNIFICANT WIN" of 2012. Remember coach Rhoads has been playing around the digit SEVEN for quite sometime. This win will get him over the hump. Oklahoma at home gives us the 8th win. We need it because guess what happens next...

Nov 17: at Oklahoma State. I won't even mention it

Nov 24: Now this is where we get our 9th win. Bill Snyder, if I were you I would be scared and put more diapers on than the usual amount. Rhoads tried three times. All three times were away from home. I cannot believe how on God's green earth we didn't get KSU at home this year. But the wait is over. We kill Snyder and name our future stadium - the Rhoads Stadium with a win here :)

Yes, my friends. This is how we give us a chance to win the 10th game in a bowl game next year.

Now Rhoads, with a 6-2 conference record possible with an improved Barnett, healthy Shontrelle/Hollis/Woody/White, MONSTEROUS Knott & Klein Combo and all the supporting casts you will be a coach that EVERYONE talks about. 2012 is the year for you. Rhoads, we love and believe in you. Let's make it happen.

But first thing first. Let's beat the RUTRUTTERS and bring on 2012.

God, I can't wait for 12-30-11!!!!

GO CLONES!!!

Last edited:

mike4cy

Aug 4, 2006
Urbandale
Going out on a limb here: Iowa State will beat someone that we shouldn't :yes:

Seriously though, with the core that we have coming back I don't see how we miss getting to 7-8-9 wins next year. With all of the talent leaving the big 12 for graduation/draft after this year...we have a great opportunity.

clonomaniac

Apr 12, 2006
St Louis, MO
Going out on a limb here: Iowa State will beat someone that we shouldn't :yes:

Seriously though, with the core that we have coming back I don't see how we miss getting to 7-8-9 wins next year. With all of the talent leaving the big 12 for graduation/draft after this year...we have a great opportunity.

If I were Rhoads, I would shoot for BIG 12 title BIG TIME. Its a GREAT, REALLY GREAT schedule for us.

Trainer

Oct 20, 2009
Why do you have to do this? The off season isn't even here yet and I am already excited for next season! Let me Rhoads Coach!

Naughtius

Oct 27, 2010
Central IA
I'm predicting 15-0. We run the table, win the yet-to-be announced Big12 championship game, NCG, then for the heck of it we challenge the Packers for national dominance. (We win that one in OT).

cyguytillidie

Feb 9, 2010
Des Moines
eh... 9 wins seems a little high. I'm going to go with 7 or 8 depending on the Mizzou replacement. If it's WVU I say 7. If it's a filler game such as Western Michigan or Northern Illinios I say we get 8. I'm thinking Texas will be much more improved next year and I don't see us beating OU.

isufan

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 23, 2009
SW Iowa
Tulsa- Win in a decent game. 31-17
at Iowa- Another close game but Clones pull it out in IC. 27-20
W. Illinois- Big ISU win. 45-10
at Texas- Not this time. ISU loses. 27-21
Baylor- We win at home with no Griffin. 35-20
??West Virginia Maybe???- Loss
at TCU- Good team. We lose. 34-24
TTech- We win again. 38-24
at Kansas- We win even without Gill. 24-13
Oklahoma- This is tough, ISU loses 30-28
at OSU- No Weeden, No Blackmon. ISU wins again. 34-31
KState- Bill Snyder gives us fits. We lose. 27-20

Final record of 7-5 and conference record of 4-5.

clonomaniac

Apr 12, 2006
St Louis, MO
Tulsa- Win in a decent game. 31-17
at Iowa- Another close game but Clones pull it out in IC. 27-20
W. Illinois- Big ISU win. 45-10
at Texas- Not this time. ISU loses. 27-21
Baylor- We win at home with no Griffin. 35-20
??West Virginia Maybe???- Loss
at TCU- Good team. We lose. 34-24
TTech- We win again. 38-24
at Kansas- We win even without Gill. 24-13
Oklahoma- This is tough, ISU loses 30-28
at OSU- No Weeden, No Blackmon. ISU wins again. 34-31
KState- Bill Snyder gives us fits. We lose. 27-20

Final record of 7-5 and conference record of 4-5.

I don't think WVU can play in Big 12 in 2012 yet.
Also, I think Snyder is done winning against ISU.

I agree with a 7-5 or better record. I believe 2012 is Rhoads' year to make the case for a head coaching job somewhere where he thinks the grass might be greener. I think Rhoads could take us to 8 or 10 win season :)

mustangcy

Apr 11, 2006
Bloomfield
You guys are pretty optimisitic...I like the enthusiasim but I think we need to temper expectations a little here. Going into IC is not going to be a cake walk. Iowa does not lose very often in IC. Gotta figure we go 2-1 in non conference. OSU, OU, TCU and UT are are all games we are going to be dogs in. I'm assuming we play West Virginia at home and even that game will be a toss with a slight edge toward us. Tech and KU are probably wins and KSU is another toss with a slight ISU edge.

I'll be more than happy with another 6-7 wins. I think fans should be looking toward that 2013 season as the season everything falls into place for ISU. Both lines should be monsters and we'll have skilled players all over the field with significant experience.

mike4cy

Aug 4, 2006
Urbandale
You guys are pretty optimisitic...I like the enthusiasim but I think we need to temper expectations a little here. Going into IC is not going to be a cake walk. Iowa does not lose very often in IC. Gotta figure we go 2-1 in non conference. OSU, OU, TCU and UT are are all games we are going to be dogs in. I'm assuming we play West Virginia at home and even that game will be a toss with a slight edge toward us. Tech and KU are probably wins and KSU is another toss with a slight ISU edge.

I'll be more than happy with another 6-7 wins. I think fans should be looking toward that 2013 season as the season everything falls into place for ISU. Both lines should be monsters and we'll have skilled players all over the field with significant experience.

Without optimism...I would not survive Iowa State and Cub fandom.

Trainer

Oct 20, 2009
Not to derail the thread, but since we are talking about 2012, What are your guys opinions on attendance numbers? Do they stay the same? get better? or fall?

Naughtius

Oct 27, 2010
Central IA
Not to derail the thread, but since we are talking about 2012, What are your guys opinions on attendance numbers? Do they stay the same? get better? or fall?

I think it's better to talk about the pre-game and in-game music selection....

huntt26

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
po' dUnk
I'll have what you're having lol

I believe RGIII will be back. He's getting his doctorate or something.

isufan

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 23, 2009
SW Iowa
I think attendance will be solid but it'll be tough to match the attendance of the nonconference this year. Tulsa and Western Illinois won't draw like UNI and Iowa.

cstrunk

Mar 21, 2006
Longview, TX
Tulsa - W - Close win to start the season. 34-24
@Iowa - L - Toss up, but tough to win in IC. 23-27
W. Illinois - W - Blowout. 48-13
@Texas - L - Another close loss. 28-31
Baylor - W - No RG3 (assumption). 35-20
?WVU? - L - If it's WVU this will be a loss. 20-30
@TCU - L - Tough game. 17-27
TTech - W - 52-38, 41-7. Remember. 38-17
@KU - W - Finally get a blowout against these guys. 40-14
OU - W - Rhoads gets his signature win of the season. 28-21
@OSU - L - They aren't happy about losing the year before and we have a letdown. 17-34
KSU - W - Rhoads gets the best of Snyder this time in Farmageddon. 42-24

7-5 (5-4) record and after ending the regular season 4-1, we're ranked #25. I think we could be anywhere from 6-9 wins next season. 2013 will be the year the Cyclones take the next step forward.

Looking forward to our win against Rutgers and the upcoming seasons of Cyclone football! :yes:

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron