Interesting thought

State43

Nov 22, 2010
Omaha, NE
Seeing the bowl picks as they are, Big 12 got shafted but a thought crossed my mind. Even though it's misplaced, I am sure there is a lot of people ****** off at us that we cost (Really it was the voters) OSU a spot in the national title, but what if we pulled the upset on KSU last weeked. Even more people would be ****** at us for eliminating another team that they thought would be picked as an at large. Even though they were not picked, KSU and other fans would probably claim that they would have. Being ISU, I could totally see a complete *****-fest from our conference mates toward us. Maybe I am just rambling but maybe there was a silver lining to not winning that game...

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
I can't think of a better reason to have your conference ****** at you. The only silver lining for me was that this team had another good showing and a coach who didn't play conservative but rather played to win.

What you described is not a silver lining to me.

State43

Nov 22, 2010
Omaha, NE
I can't think of a better reason to have your conference ****** at you. The only silver lining for me was that this team had another good showing and a coach who didn't play conservative but rather played to win.

What you described is not a silver lining to me.

I'm reaching here I get it, just a thought is all.

Reactions: VeloClone

GoCubsGo

Jul 22, 2008
You're really that concerned with what "our conference mates" think of us? Maybe next year we should just lay down every game, I'm sure we can build a lot of good will with our opposing teams if we let them win every game.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
I'm reaching here I get it, just a thought is all.

I get it. I would just like ISU to be hated by more Big 12 teams because they are getting beat by ISU teams. Right now ISU is just a bunch of loveable losers to the rest of the league. Aren't they cute when they win a game here and there.

Bring on the hate!

IowaSTATCyclone

Dec 4, 2009
It is also possible that, had we beaten K-State, that would have softened one more vote in favor of OSU (If we beat K-State, we show an informed voter that OSU's loss wasn't a "fluke"). With such a thin margin, who knows what might have happened? OSU could have been in the national title game had we won.

What's important now is that the Big 12 represent. I'm sure a coachless A&M and directionless Mizzou will lose their games, but ISU, OSU, Baylor, Oklahoma and K-State must win, no question about it.

[What about Texas? To which I reply, Texas who?

tejasclone

Oct 20, 2006
Chicago, IL
It is also possible that, had we beaten K-State, that would have softened one more vote in favor of OSU (If we beat K-State, we show an informed voter that OSU's loss wasn't a "fluke"). With such a thin margin, who knows what might have happened? OSU could have been in the national title game had we won.

I think this point is valid. Most of the talking heads on ESPN were poo-pooing OSU's loss to us because were "only" a 6-6 team. Had we beaten K-State as well, we'd have been a 7-5 team with wins over three top 25 teams (at the time the games were played), so it may have raised our profile a bit and ipso facto made OSU's loss look better.

Conversely, the same talking heads could have claimed that a win by us over KSU only further proves that the Big 12 is not really as strong a conference as we're all claiming that it is. If ISU -- yes, ISU -- can win on the road, the Big 12 must not be all that tough.

In either case, if any of those ******** had bothered to do any research on us, OSU, or the rest of the Big 12, they'd be having to come up with a different argument for why OSU shouldn't be in the title game.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron