Cool Pinstripe Bowl Tradition

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

Cy$

Sep 1, 2011
Ames
Photos of New Era Pinstripe Bowl | Facebook

pretty cool little perk for being in this game...it's the Empire State building in the colors of the teams that are playing at the Pinstripe Bowl..this happens the night before the game

Since we are both red, they might put gold also?

Would be cool if someone got a picture and posted it here

HPNJRUfan

Dec 5, 2011
Highland Park, NJ
Rutgers also received this honor prior to there ever being a Pinstripe Bowl, back in 2006 the night of our game vs. Louisville. Syracuse fans might try to tell you they are "NYC's team" but they are far from it, rather, the team from a dump 200 miles northwest.

CyFan61

Oct 25, 2010
Let's hope Rutgers gets red and we get gold. Would be an ISU building that night

pulse

Mar 24, 2006
I think they'll probably put up cardinal and scarlet lights.

azepp

Dec 9, 2009
Ankeny
It's official per the Empire State Building website:

Tourism > ESB Right Now > Tower Lights - Empire State Building

However, it says that two sides will be red and white with the other two sides being red and green. I'm not sure if there's a typo and red/green sides will actually be ISU colors or if they'll remain red/green for Christmas like they are before and after the 29th.

It'll be a little bit of a letdown if they're considering the two red/white sides as representative of both teams.

njdirt

Dec 5, 2011
NJ
I think ISU is getting what we call the Scarlet Screw... WTF GREEN. It should be red and white and red and yellow..:ptongue::ptongue::ptongue::ptongue: to the Empire State Bldg LITE TOIDS.....

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
Rutgers also received this honor prior to there ever being a Pinstripe Bowl, back in 2006 the night of our game vs. Louisville. Syracuse fans might try to tell you they are "NYC's team" but they are far from it, rather, the team from a dump 200 miles northwest.

Hey now, as a native Long Islander, New Jersey will always be the "Armpit of America" to me...

HPNJRUfan

Dec 5, 2011
Highland Park, NJ
Hey now, as a native Long Islander, New Jersey will always be the "Armpit of America" to me...

Well as a native of NJ, thank you for unloading your trash on us (Jersey Shore) and reinforcing that stereo type. :jimlad:

Never understood that anyway, if that is the stereo type, NJ, NYC, and LI would all be the armpit, and thats far from the truth.

RUNYYFan

Dec 5, 2011
Dayton, NJ
www.marckollar.com
Ah yes, it was great fun to see the ESB lit up in scarlet on Nov. 9, 2006. This was a sight to see:

20061109-ESB-in-Scarlet-L.jpg

For those interested in getting a shot of the Empire State Building on Dec. 29, try the corner of W32nd Street and 5th Avenue.

D

DistrictCyclone

I don't think you'd hear this as much from fans as you would from the useless Syracuse administrators. I did grad school at Syracuse, and they were constantly trying to brand Syracuse as "New York's College Team", even though A) absolutely nobody cares, and B) Syracuse is a good 5 hours from NYC (and is a dump in the middle of nowhere, as you point out).

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
Well as a native of NJ, thank you for unloading your trash on us (Jersey Shore) and reinforcing that stereo type. :jimlad:

Never understood that anyway, if that is the stereo type, NJ, NYC, and LI would all be the armpit, and thats far from the truth.
Food fight!