Just in case you forgot

cycfan1

Nov 27, 2006
Ames
Irony: A very similar field goal is going to keep Okie State out of the championship and Alabama in... Alabama gets all the breaks.

DesertClone1

DesertClone
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 6, 2009
Queen Creek, AZ
image.jpg
You going to post a pic from the Hampton game as well broseph?

:sad::cry::cry::cry::sad:

cycfan1

Nov 27, 2006
Ames
The ball is half way up on the post in that picture. Not over the top. I didn't see it live so I can't say if it was good or not but the situations are not the same.

I think it is on its way down in this picture... I never saw it live either - just asking.

FDWxMan

Jan 31, 2009
Des Moines
The ball is half way up on the post in that picture. Not over the top. I didn't see it live so I can't say if it was good or not but the situations are not the same.

The ball is already past the goal posts in the pic and on its way down.

It crossed the plane of the crossbar at a height taller than the upright, much like OSU's.

Was it fully inside? Probably not (see 18 sec mark). Since the rule is it has to be entirely inside the imaginary goal post, no good is probably the right call...

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SinKhYD-pds"]2001 - Alabama vs Iowa State -- Alabama wins 14-13 - YouTube[/ame]

CarolinaCy

Apr 18, 2008
I thought we got screwed at the time, but looking back it's absolutely the right call. BTW, how strong of a leg did Yelk have to kick a 47-yarder well above the top of the upright. That thing would have been long enough from 65.