Hilarious TexAgs Video/Thread

motorCYcle

Jun 18, 2008
Ames, Iowa
TexAgs.com - A&M Football
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7hSWosoQg8w[/ame]

Notes about the video:

-Texas WR accumulates mass by sweating (3:13)
-Texas WR's momentum has the units of lbs/m/s (3:37)
-Acquires speed of receiver, down to the hundredth at 7.62 m/s (3:08)
-Cites "Leaning into WR" as "textbook procedures" to defend yourself, while making no note of the WR clearly pulling up
-Dr. Noah "Knowledge of Physics" Dean has a degree in Kinesiology and Motor Neuroscience

Reactions: Naughtius
C

CyBer

The nerd in me laughed, but the non nerd in me killed the nerd in me and now I'm not a nerd anymore. Thanks for that video.

stateofmind

Jul 16, 2007
Ankeny
I'm thinking that the ref just forgot to carry the one...

On another note, I'm sure they won't see any bad calls like that when they play against Alabama, Florida, Auburn, Arkansas, etc.

Good ridden you whiners.

PabloDiablo

Feb 10, 2011
Omaha, NE
TexAgs.com - A&M Football
Dr. Noah Dean NCAA Personal Foul Analysis / 2011 A&M vs UT - YouTube

Notes about the video:

-Texas WR accumulates mass by sweating (3:13)
-Texas WR's momentum has the units of lbs/m/s (3:37)
-Acquires speed of receiver, down to the hundredth at 7.62 m/s (3:08)
-Cites "Leaning into WR" as "textbook procedures" to defend yourself, while making no note of the WR clearly pulling up
-Dr. Noah "Knowledge of Physics" Dean has a degree in Kinesiology and Motor Neuroscience

A large portion of study under the "Kinesiology" umbrella is Biomechanics which refers to the study of physics applied to the human body. Just saying.

It's still stupid though.

*/after finishing this post, PabloDiablo pushed his glasses back into the correct position on his face and returned to rolling for his turn in Dungeons and Dragons... nerd

Last edited:

LeaningCy

Jan 18, 2008
A large portion of study under the "Kinesiology" umbrella is Biomechanics which refers to the study of physics applied to the human body. Just saying.

*/after finishing this post, PabloDiablo pushed his glasses back into the correct position on his face and returned to rolling for his turn in Dungeons and Dragons... nerd

I think that's the point. He has a PhD and still doesn't know the subject.

Omaha Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 1, 2007
www.tecmobowl-vs-rbi.com
That bogus flag inevitably cost them the game.

If it happened to ISU and cost the Clones a game we would all be behind this sort of presentation.

ISU_phoria

Apr 10, 2006
Andover, MN
Not to add to the nerdery, but didn't he use pounds (lbs) as a unit of mass? Pretty sure lbs measure weight, not mass!

I just love it when you talk nerdy to me!

isutrevman

Jan 30, 2007
Ames, IA
You don't have to be smart to see that it was a very bad call. The receiver should at least end up on the ground to draw a personal foul. He just brushed him.

drmwevr08

Nov 25, 2006
Tempe, az
I thought that was a pretty awesome analysis. Definitely shows that the type of call they are asked to make is not very easy. Looks like they got it wrong in this case.

jbhtexas

Oct 20, 2006
Arlington, TX
Not to add to the nerdery, but didn't he use pounds (lbs) as a unit of mass? Pretty sure lbs measure weight, not mass!

I just love it when you talk nerdy to me!

Well then, here you go...

Pound can be mass or force(weight).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pound_(mass)

The good ol' IP system...

W = g/gc * m
W = lbf
m = lbm
g = 32.2 ft/s^2 (varies sligthly on Earth with location)
gc = 32.2 lbm*ft/lbf/s^2 (constant)

Last edited:

digZ

Sep 2, 2011
Colorado
16hqo29.jpg

The call was chincy, but it was right. Maybe it makes it tough for aggy to swallow, but I give them no sympathy. If they thought Texas threw their power around in the B12, hope they enjoy the lack of favor they get in the SEC.

If Hunter had pulled off into a different direction to avoid further contact instead of slowing down and lowering his head, no call would have been made. He made a mistake, it may have cost his team the game, get over it. I love the fact that this call and game result is going to eat A&M up for the next decade, or until they ever get to play Texas again. It's absolutely hilarious, and I love it.

cstrunk

Mar 21, 2006
Longview, TX
16hqo29.jpg

The call was chincy, but it was right. Maybe it makes it tough for aggy to swallow, but I give them no sympathy. If they thought Texas threw their power around in the B12, hope they enjoy the lack of favor they get in the SEC.

If Hunter had pulled off into a different direction to avoid further contact instead of slowing down and lowering his head, no call would have been made. He made a mistake, it may have cost his team the game, get over it. I love the fact that this call and game result is going to eat A&M up for the next decade, or until they ever get to play Texas again. It's absolutely hilarious, and I love it.

Yep. Great post. The call was almost questionable, and when it's in question it is supposed to be called.

Naughtius

Oct 27, 2010
Central IA
Funny, and pathetic. Rep to OP.
I like how he described the game situation as if it were significant. I thought penalties were penalties, regardless?
I didn't make it through the video. Too pathetic. Did he ever come back to the point about the fact that, when in doubt, hitting with the crown is a foul?
Finally, I coach YOUTH football. Did he seriously say that lowering your head was textbook defensive posture? I teach my 9-year olds to go into every collision with their grill up, not down. His posture makes the odds of him getting a neck injury skyrocket.
Jackwagon.

Clonehomer

Apr 11, 2006
Not to add to the nerdery, but didn't he use pounds (lbs) as a unit of mass? Pretty sure lbs measure weight, not mass! I just love it when you talk nerdy to me!
Well then, here you go...Pound can be mass or force(weight).http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pound_(mass)The good ol' IP system...W = g/gc * mW = lbfm = lbmg = 32.2 ft/s^2 (varies sligthly on Earth with location)gc = 32.2 lbm*ft/lbf/s^2 (constant)

Pound Mass is typically given the abreviation lbm. It has also been my experience that only mechanical engineers in thermodynamics use this unit. Everyone else uses slugs which makes more sense when compared to SI units. But then again, I don't understand why we still use the English system at all.

motorCYcle

Jun 18, 2008
Ames, Iowa

As someone else said, the ridiculous part is that the guy clearly does not understand physics at all. He also mentioned something about "bone-crushing" momentum. Aside from the fact that WR's momentum had nothing to do with the the play, a train moving at .01 m/s has more momentum than that football player, and I wouldn't consider it "bone-crushing".

jsmith86

Dec 5, 2006
Cedar Rapids
Pound Mass is typically given the abreviation lbm. It has also been my experience that only mechanical engineers in thermodynamics use this unit. Everyone else uses slugs which makes more sense when compared to SI units. But then again, I don't understand why we still use the English system at all.

French Chemical Engineers back in the 40's apparently loved it. Which is weird. As if translating this paper I'm reading from french to english wasn't bad enough. Oh wait. Nevermind. They were from Quebec. That explains everything.

Help Support Us

Become a patron