WEST VIRGINIA Marching Band

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

cdrake

Jun 15, 2010
I think I like these guys!!!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MjPmmCtHmfE"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MjPmmCtHmfE[/ame]

Al_4_State

Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
Driftless Region
Visit site
I like how they form the outline of their state. I would love to see our band form the shape of Iowa with one person marking Ames/ISU.

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
Looking at some videos of their band awhile back, their Simple Gifts part of pregame is also pretty good.

stateofmind

Jul 16, 2007
Ankeny
I like how they form the outline of their state. I would love to see our band form the shape of Iowa with one person marking Ames/ISU.

Where did they do this? I saw star, tank, boat, eagle, submarine, and purtttty swirls with the flag.

sclotz

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
Thanks for posting this, great band. The musical arrangements were very nicely written and the movements matched great.
The order of precedence for the service songs is based on when each service was established, it should be: USA, USMC, USN, USAF, USCG (with the Coast Guard being a part of the Department of Homeland Security, not the Department of Defense).

driegner

Jun 9, 2010
Columbus, OH
Thanks for posting this, great band. The musical arrangements were very nicely written and the movements matched great.
The order of precedence for the service songs is based on when each service was established, it should be: USA, USMC, USN, USAF, USCG (with the Coast Guard being a part of the Department of Homeland Security, not the Department of Defense).

I'm speculating the order was selected for field formation reasons. Might have made the transitional logistics easier (i.e. fewer collisions) to do it how they did.

Also, this is pretty awesome. Their pre-game show is great too!