LJ Draft Stock

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

CloneSolo

Feb 11, 2010
Marion, Iowa
Definitely rising. He made himself some money tonight. He did a great job on what is definitely the best WR in college football.

Kudos to LJ and the whole defense!!!!

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there
LJ at the very least got his name on the radar of the scouts. He was a big part of what the defense was able to do.

bawbie

Staff member
Mar 17, 2006
Cedar Rapids, IA
Huge game for him. Even the 2 or 3 big catches Blackmon had, LJ was all over him and it was just a perfect throw and perfect catch.

I'm glad for him that he was able to put it all together on a national stage.

D

DistrictCyclone

The announcers kept saying he was a 4-5 round pick before tonight, so this definitely moves him up. He basically shut-down an NFL-caliber receiver in Blackmon in a major, major game; that's sure to turn some heads.

kas4cy

Sep 11, 2011
Iowa City, IA
LJ was already going to get drafted in the 5th-6th round, he may be moving to 4th after this. Higher if he continues to play like this over the next 3 games.

Yeah, 3. Because we bowlin'!

TheHelgo

Mar 20, 2006
Went from 4th round to at least 2nd! I think Reynolds is a player in the draft now as well for sure.

TheCaptain

Bookie
Jul 2, 2009
Iowa
I think he will be a better player in the NFL than most people think. He wont have to 'act' like he is the man and just be a teammate.He is a good cover man and a great tackler.He'll fit in great with a team that has established players.

D

DistrictCyclone

Klein also had a monster game. He was all over the place. (he ended up with 14 tackles and Knott had 13!)

Amen. AJK looked like an absolute monster out there. That first huge tackle where he pumped his fist afterwards set the stage and told me that this team was absolutely jacked tonight.

bawbie

Staff member
Mar 17, 2006
Cedar Rapids, IA
I think he will be a better player in the NFL than most people think. He wont have to 'act' like he is the man and just be a teammate.He is a good cover man and a great tackler.He'll fit in great with a team that has established players.

he certainly has the talent, I think it's all a question of whether he can consistently bring a performance like he did tonight.

cstrunk

Mar 21, 2006
Longview, TX
Johnson played a GREAT game tonight. Knott and especially Klein were all over the place as well! Great overall defensive effort!!

ironsam

Nov 20, 2009
Made Blackmon an non-factor in this game. Draft stock is up for sure. This game tape will be played in NFL scouting rooms.
Non factor? I wouldn't go that far. Blackmon still had 10 catches, 99 yards, and a touchdown while really distracting much of our secondary. LJ did a great job, but I don't think it is possible for a single d-back to make Blackmon a non factor.

megamanxzero35

May 31, 2011
Non factor? I wouldn't go that far. Blackmon still had 10 catches, 99 yards, and a touchdown while really distracting much of our secondary. LJ did a great job, but I don't think it is possible for a single d-back to make Blackmon a non factor.

Patriots Draft dudes say about Blackman.

One of his worst nights – blanketed by Leonard Johnson all game.

Had this to say about LJ.

Matched up on Blackmon the majority of the night.
-Getting obliterated in the run game by Blackmon.
-In press, gets crossed by Blackmon and can’t hang with him – had safety help.
-Giving Blackmon a variety of looks, both man and zone.
-Sticks with Blackmon on lazy route, Blackmon knew play wasn’t going his way.
-Right on Blackmon on go route, like glue.
-Has Blackmon dead to rights on WR screen, but misses tackle.
-Perfect coverage, but Blackmon high-points the ball and scores a TD.
-Covers Blackmon in man on 4th and 2, right on him.
-Talking some major trash to Blackmon after series.
-Gets called for questionable PI covering Blackmon, looked pretty close to being a great deflection.
-Jumps on loose ball for a fumble recovery.
-All over Blackmon on quick slant, doesn’t allow completion.
-Forces Blackmon, out of bounds in press.
-Tackles Blackmon for short gain after quick pass.
-Snags interception after diagnosing the route and breaking early.
-Johnson is really making himself known to whole nation tonight.
-Right on Blackmon again, nullified by false start.
-Blackmons gets an inch of separation on double move, picks up 28.
-Broken record alert, Johnson blanketed on Blackmon on deep route.
-Blackmon on Johnson – “The most physical corner I’ve seen.â€
-An unreal game, solidified our view of him as a Top 100 prospect, might jump higher.

Film Room Live: Oklahoma State vs Iowa State | NEPatriotsDraft.com - Patriots NFL Draft Site

marothisu

Jun 15, 2009
NYC

Yeah, I bet at least half of those catches were on screens though which is pretty hard to defend right away.

D

DistrictCyclone

He had to work for every single catch he made. If it were anyone but Justin Blackmon, he'd have been COMPLETELY shut down. Covering an NFL-caliber receiver the way LJ did tonight deserves A LOT of kudos.