We need the Register to follow the story...

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

letsgostate

Nov 4, 2006
As a Journalism grad from Iowa State, I'm counting on the DM Register to not let the story drop until they have all the facts on the incident with the football players. If they take the time to read the thread on this site labeled "big problems in iowa city" they will see just how deep this story goes. This story was out before Oct.21 on youtube and other blogs, yet officials denied knowing about it. Register reporters have an opportunity to do a real service for the victims of this type of criminal behavior by following this story.

ISUAlum2002

Apr 11, 2006
Toon Town, IA
Like I just posted in the other thread, you can't count on the Register to investigate this fully as Witosky is still working on investigating the D-1 Scheduling issue....you know, the one he refused to do radio interviews for because he knew he'd get crushed.

However....the Rag may smell blood in the water with the Iowa coaching staff. They may actually go after this, but I wouldn't count on it.

Like you mentioned, the timeline on this is very interesting.

ketelmeister

Oct 24, 2006
Like I just posted in the other thread, you can't count on the Register to investigate this fully as Witosky is still working on investigating the D-1 Scheduling issue....you know, the one he refused to do radio interviews for because he knew he'd get crushed.

However....the Rag may smell blood in the water with the Iowa coaching staff. They may actually go after this, but I wouldn't count on it.

Like you mentioned, the timeline on this is very interesting.

And in this case, you have a female victim who had the guts to come forward and report this. That takes a strong individual, especially in Iowa City and under their crazy system of justice. Let's hope the paper sees the importance of getting to the bottom of this one.