What will the IDIOTIC MAC-STAT Be This Week?????

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

CLONE2THEBONE

Aug 4, 2006
He always seems to pull one out before every game and it always makes me cringe.

Earlier this year, we had the "6 straight games against ranked teams", despite one of them being 1-AA UNI.

Last week, we had the "we're one of 54 teams who haven't lost at home this year."

What'll it be this week?

Iowa State is one of only 3 teams whose entire fanbase knows their coaching staff to be wildly incompetent, yet keeps 'em around due to fear of who they'd get to replace them.

CLONE2THEBONE

Aug 4, 2006
How about this one?

In 12 years, my teams have beaten 2 conference foes who finished with a winning record.

No question about it.

Last edited:

CLONE2THEBONE

Aug 4, 2006
Some ISU fans think that the program has peaked under my direction, but I just point them to our records the last 5 years.

2001 7-5
2002 7-7
2003 2-10
2004 7-5
2005 7-5

JokersWild

Mar 29, 2006
ha ha.. yeah, that is funny. I understand Mac trying to spin stuff. Sometime he should just come out and say that we sucked and deserved to get beat. That would be refreshing.

I think it is ironic that part of the reason Mac has had decent records is because the rest of the big 12 north got worse. So, he moved up by default.

JHutch

Mar 19, 2006
we are one of the only undefeated teams at home when playing a non-conference opponent with a 6pm start

CLONE2THEBONE

Aug 4, 2006
He'll track me down.

Everytime I post, he's smacking me within minutes. ISU fans by nature are attracted to abusive relationships.

CLONE2THEBONE

Aug 4, 2006
In just 12 short years, I've already won 28 conference games. Our opponents' collective conference records in those 28 wins: 45-131.

Teams like Oklahoma and Texas also beat those teams, so we're obviously in some pretty elite company. No question about it.

Cyclonesrule91

Apr 10, 2006
Waukee
About typical of your ***** posts......Out of 8 replies so far, your spewing on 5 of them. Make sure to put your name in as potential head coach because since you know everything, you should be a shoein.

CLONE2THEBONE

Aug 4, 2006
About typical of your ***** posts......Out of 8 replies so far, your spewing on 5 of them. Make sure to put your name in as potential head coach because since you know everything, you should be a shoein.

Add another reply for me.

This post has nothing to do with me knowing everything, it has to do with Mac-Spin. Maybe you haven't noticed his propensity to do this. Come out of your shoe-box and read a paper.

By the way, I wouldn't put my name in for the ISU job. The facilities simply aren't good enough to win. I'll hold out for Baylor.

Cloned4Life

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 5, 2006
Ankeny
LOL

CLONE2THEBONE, you'll get reamed by some for this thread, but not from me. I heard this one yesterday, it's a good one:

"We're one of the top 119 teams in Division I football."

PS. I know it ALL, so I hope they fire Dan and hire me :biggrin9gp:

Cyclonesrule91

Apr 10, 2006
Waukee
Add another reply for me.

This post has nothing to do with me knowing everything, it has to do with Mac-Spin. Maybe you haven't noticed his propensity to do this. Come out of your shoe-box and read a paper.

By the way, I wouldn't put my name in for the ISU job. The facilities simply aren't good enough to win. I'll hold out for Baylor.

I agree about Mac always coming up with goofy stats to somehow justify himself and using "tremendous" and the other words mentioned in this thread, BUT if he did come out and be objective and not use the silly excuses, you would still find a reason to attack the guy personally. He has been that way the whole time he has been at ISU, not just when we are having a year that is going less then favorably. You act like he stole your favorite girlfriend back in Junior High and your still holding the grudge.

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
I think it is great that Mac can find a silver lining in every cloud. I would much rather spend time around someone like that than with someone who finds something wrong with everything. And he will always admit if something went wrong or if something could be better. He does come up with some goofy stats, and that six in a row comment had me scratching my head a bit. But oh well.

CLONE2THEBONE

Aug 4, 2006
BUT if he did come out and be objective and not use the silly excuses, you would still find a reason to attack the guy personally.

We'll never know, will we?

I often wonder what would happen if we were great one year. Not really good, but like beat Texas and OK in the same season great. What could he possibly say or do then?

He might just hit himself in the balls with a hammer in front of all the cameras during his weekly press conference. "It doesn't hurt me. That's how good my football team is. It doesn't hurt me at all."

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
Some ISU fans think that the program has peaked under my direction, but I just point them to our records the last 5 years.

2001 7-5
2002 7-7
2003 2-10
2004 7-5
2005 7-5

David Letterman's TOP TEN unveiled for expected McC quotes:
10. We scored last in the game as we drove the length of the field in a minute.

9. The refs took away three touchdowns to the two we scored.

8.The ISU band remains awesome and soundly defeated the Nebraska band in overtime.

7. Koch has his best rushing game ever at 3 rushes for 9 yards including a long one for six.

6. We are looking for a big challenge from the 24th highly ranked Sooners this week.

5. We did a superlative job in holding Zac to only 17 for 21, mostly short completions. Our defense rate is now an even 75% for completions against our stalwart defense.

4. We continue to win the penalty battle every game and tonight was no exception.

3. I am so proud our one headed running corps,. They actually had a couple of positive runs in the second half.

2. We solved the fourth quarter puzzle by actually scoring at the end of the game. If the refs had not taken those three touchdowns away, we would have won a close one in the last minute.

1. We continue to make progress as we had three new starters on defense and still looked the same.

Last edited:

JokersWild

Mar 29, 2006
LOL. This is a funny thread.

He should just come out and say "I have no spin on this game. We sucked tonight"

P.S. Mac. Don't give so much credit to all the other teams we play. Tell the players they should put up 30 pts tonight no problem.

ISUFan22

Apr 11, 2006
Denver, CO
Who knows what it will be. For the most part I ignore it as it's all coach-speak. Every coach does it...some more than others.

A bad showing Saturday night...top to bottom and everywhere in between.

Bobber

Apr 12, 2006
Hudson, Iowa
Oh this thread made me laugh for the first time today. Thank you thank you ISU fans!

Hey any good poltician can spin things well(that's why Bill Clinton had such a great following, while G.W.'s is more questionable).

For Mac I think it was a survival tactic. He would not have made it past his first 3 or 4 years in Ames without that skill.

Thanks goodness he stays postive. I remember the Walden whine and it made everybody feel miserable.

Last edited:

frontrangeclone

Apr 11, 2006
Cache Valley
twitter.com
In just 12 short years, I've already won 28 conference games. Our opponents' collective conference records in those 28 wins: 45-131.

Teams like Oklahoma and Texas also beat those teams, so we're obviously in some pretty elite company. No question about it.

Hilarious CLONE2THEBONE!!!

I think Mac will pull out the "There's no doubt about it, we're going to have to be the most improved team from week 6 to week 7 in all of college football"

But seriously, I admire his optimism, he needed it when turning the program around, 10 YEARS AGO. Now, we should be stomping on people's throats, not going to the last second with D-IAA teams, albeit ranked D-IAA teams that played for a national title! If Mac ever does lose his job, he has a seat waiting for him at Fox News b/c I'm sure they love this guys spinning capabilities.

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
The Sooner game needs a fresh approach. No need for the staff to be conservative at this opoint. We are big underdogs. Tighten our chin straps, put the past in the past, and play hard. Both defense and offense can trweat it like a good scrimmage. We know Okahoma is fast on defense, so our offfense will have to finaklly oprove us wrong by takibng it to them.

Texas scored 37 against us with help of turnovers. Texas scored 28 against Oklahoma with help of turnovers. Advantage: Norman.

Oklahoma scored 10 against texas. We scored 17. Advabntage: Clones.

Noe the refs are another story.