Iowa Basketball

Clones21

Jan 20, 2008
Des Moines
The Hawkeyes just done beating Chicago State 96-53. Yes I know it is Chicago State, but Iowa seemed to do alot of things right. Iowa rebounded really really well. They also made Chicago State suffer on points off turnovers. I was listening and it didn't seem like Iowa even played too sloppy for a first game. They were also led by a freshman Aaron White. He had 19 points and 10 boards. I think Iowa will turn some heads this year and surprise people, and I just hope we don't sleep on them. They are very athletic.

Last edited:

Yes13

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 9, 2009
White is a SF.

I had the gamecast on in the first half, and they were struggling. Chicago state got beat by 50 last year to Drake...

Clones21

Jan 20, 2008
Des Moines
White is a SF.

I had the gamecast on in the first half, and they were struggling. Chicago state got beat by 50 last year to Drake...
They didn't have the best FG % but it just seemed like they did alot right in their first game.

crash_zone

Apr 10, 2006
Sioux Falls, SD
Aside from being named Fran, their coach is pretty good. As much as I'd like to see Iowa fail, he's going to do pretty well there (I really hope he uses it as a stepping stone).

MLawrence

Jan 21, 2010
Hawkeye11en1 said:
The hawkeye glory days are youtube?

I believe it's something to distract so they don't have to watch the basketball team. When they first discovered youtube, it was an indeed a glorious time.:jimlad:

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006
I believe Chico State was the lowest ranked team in the entire country in one of the "rankings"

Pomeroy has them at 345(last). I saw them as high as 339 in another ranking. Won 6 games last year and lost a bunch of players from that team.

Last edited:

RandomFan

Aug 11, 2009
I also listened to the game tonight while in the tractor (why are our women not on The Bus?). Of course I take into account the fact that I'm listening to Dolph, so who knows how much different the game really is from what I'm hearing.

That being said, how can you say they are "athletic" if you simply listened to the game? Do you mean they are athletic as in they play college athletics? If so, I agree, they do play college athletics.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron