Let's face it, Western Michigan was underrated..

ketelmeister

Oct 24, 2006
Can you believe it? Hawkeye Play by Play announcer made that statement after the game, talking about how tough WM really was. What a reach! This was a 3-7 team from a below average conference.

herbicide

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
Ankeny, IA
Iowa and the rest of the Big 10 are sub par this year, no matter how anyone slices it. Period.

Especially Iowa.

ripvdub

Mar 20, 2006
Iowa
Can you believe it? Hawkeye Play by Play announcer made that statement after the game, talking about how tough WM really was. What a reach! This was a 3-7 team from a below average conference.
Well... they are now 2-0 against Western Michigan at HOME in the last decade!!!
I know weve lost to lesser teams, but we dont have a $3 million coach in his 9th or so year. I dont even think McCarney couldve lost that game.

Prone2Clone

Oct 20, 2006

Yes...sadly, I have no problem at all believing he said that. In fact, I expected it.

kentkel

Apr 12, 2006

Do I personally buy into that - NO WAY. Can I believe that reason was used - of COURSE!! My whole life, the Hawk fans that have surrounded me are of similar ilk, with similar reasoning. Excuses abound - the reality of their mediocrity is too hard for them to come to grips with. But then, I just attribute it to the edjicashun they are getting at that school.:biglaugh:

CTTB78

Apr 7, 2006
Kirk remains one of the best coaches in the country. At least with the o-line he had 4 or 5 years ago.