Boom Goes the Dynamite in Lincoln

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
Barney is in the doghouse again. Bo is going ballistic. Fans are upset. Big Ten is not fixing the hoopla ego problems in Lincoln. Too many lines with funny insights.

NU run game sputters; defense can't solve backup QB - Omaha.com

NU's newly anointed Blackshirts were red-faced after giving up 468 yards — 308 in the second half — to the Wildcats' three-headed quarterback. NU I-back Rex Burkhead was glum over two first-half turnovers. And the offensive line — its coaches, starters and backups — bolted past reporters without comment after it couldn't punch through Northwestern's 95th-ranked run defense.
Just handed out 19 blackshirts last week, might have to take them back.:swoon:

"It's a problem we've had the entire year, man," wide receiver Kenny Bell said of the miscues.
Three years....:shocked:

The Wildcats' undersized defensive line repeatedly knifed into the backfield on zone read, option and trap plays. Nebraska's bread-and-butter power toss was stuffed cold.
Again?:unsure:

In the second half, offensive coordinator Tim Beck benched left tackle Yoshi Hardrick and left guard Andrew Rodriguez. He declined to elaborate. Offensive line coaches Barney Cotton and John Garrison walked briskly through the postgame media area to an exit sign. Center Mike Caputo got a cup of sports drink and headed for the same sign.
Sounds familiar.:eek:

"We were supposed to have two guys on (Ebert)," safety Austin Cassidy said. "But there was a little bit of confusion."
One would have been nice.:confused:

"Our guys got tired," Pelini said. "We were obviously undermanned. We're thin up front ... I dunno, it just leaked. We didn't tackle sharp there near the end. They were just getting a push. We'd have them stopped for no gain and it'd leak for three and four yards."
This is not intramurals. This is BIG TEN FOOTBALL.

Funny video also.....two losses in conference...Penn State up next....

erikbj

Aug 31, 2006
hiawatha, ia
Funny thing is that this B1G is probably the weakest year of football they have had in years. PSU is in the first place and could not stay within 30 points of the leaders of the SEC, BIG12 and PAC12

isuforlife

Sep 6, 2007
Fuskers live in a fairy land, they are just not that good , sorry Bo..........Peep

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Pelini is trying to bring back the old Nu coaches when he was there. Cotton is a poor coach. Pelini can no longer use partial qualifiers like osburne did. Looks like recruiting may not be his forte also, who would want to play for an *** like that? The big ten style of football is not sexy to a southern or western kid, cold also.

aauummm

April is International Guitar Month
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2007
I get around
Barney is in the doghouse again. Bo is going ballistic. Fans are upset. Big Ten is not fixing the hoopla ego problems in Lincoln. Too many lines with funny insights.

NU run game sputters; defense can't solve backup QB - Omaha.com

Just handed out 19 blackshirts last week, might have to take them back.:swoon:

Three years....:shocked:

Again?:unsure:

Sounds familiar.:eek:

One would have been nice.:confused:

This is not intramurals. This is BIG TEN FOOTBALL.

Funny video also.....two losses in conference...Penn State up next....

Nice post, thanks for all the effort! As our bumper stickers in 1971 said: Huck the Fuskers!

Reactions: Wesley

frontrangeclone

Apr 11, 2006
Cache Valley
twitter.com
I think Pellini is going to literally kill a referee with his bare hands before he retires... on the flip side, the pressure of the most important job in the state of nebraska, trying to appease the "greatest fans in america" is probably wearing on his fiery italian personality... not a good combo. He did step in as an interim coach after the team went 9 and 3 back in 2003.... so he knows what he's dealing with.

Taco

Sep 24, 2011
Funny thing is that this B1G is probably the weakest year of football they have had in years. PSU is in the first place and could not stay within 30 points of the leaders of the SEC, BIG12 and PAC12

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't 16 less than 30?

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't 16 less than 30?

Hey, no facts. That is not a fair argument to counteract the Big Ten argument. This after most don't seem to think OkSt could put up a fight against LSU or Bama.

SC Cy

Jun 30, 2006
Omaha, NE
twitter.com
I fear the day Bo Pelini isn't the coach of nebraska. He is as classless as most of their fans are condescending and arrogant. He is a perfect fit for that state.

CyBobby

Oct 18, 2006
Central Iowa
Pelini is trying to bring back the old Nu coaches when he was there. Cotton is a poor coach. Pelini can no longer use partial qualifiers like osburne did. Looks like recruiting may not be his forte also, who would want to play for an *** like that? The big ten style of football is not sexy to a southern or western kid, cold also.

Mr bcclone from Icity, you do make a very good instructive point ie...

There is NO southern or western kid who wants to play big 10 football these days because its too far geographically and its also just too darned COLD in November.

This historic move to the B1G mite just turn out to be the "Bust of the Century", if dee big red can't make it to Indiananpolis and the champship game this year.

If I were a big red fan and admittedly I AM NOT ... If I didn't get a trip to indiana at the end of this season ...

I would expect some heads to roll in good old huskerland...:sad:

Go Ye Mighty Cyclones..............Beat the Cowpokes.....:yes:

Stewo

Oct 29, 2008
Iowa
So, the moral of the story is that the grass isn't always greener on the other side. Hmm. Who would have known?

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
After watching CU Later and Nebby this year, things have not progressed as well as expected.

Both KFC and Pelini will really need that win when they meet in Lincoln this year. The match of the high paid coaches. Each win is worth half a mil to the coach.

Last edited:

CYKOFAN

Mar 27, 2006
CyBobby- Agree that NU's southern and western recruiting will dry up, especially in Texas where they have been heavily dependent on talent. NU's talent will continue to get watered down until they are barely an average big 10 team lucky to win minor bowl games. Big Red has been dead for a decade now and it will only get worse.

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
Look at the Coolrado sad sack website for their current stories - no mention of football, just golf, tennis, vball, bball.

CUBuffs.com - Official Athletics Web site of the University of Colorado

Mo, you don't worry about being irrelevant. You can always beat Vbilt.

Buried in the website under embarrassed:
http://www.cubuffs.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=3843&SPID=255&DB_LANG=C&ATCLID=205327705&DB_OEM_ID=600

And with 8:15 remaining in the first half, Washington was gone; he suffered a possible concussion while breaking up a Barkley pass and was replaced by another true freshman – K.T. Tu’umalo, a recent convert from linebacker.

When you take a linebacker and make him a safety in a passing league, good luck, buddy.

Last edited:

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
Nebraska Football: The Good, Bad and Other of the 28-25 Loss to Northwestern | Bleacher Report

You know you’re stretching things a little when one of the “goods” in the game is the punter’s performance.

Let’s see...Northwestern is one of the worst rushing defenses in the B1G Conference. Nebraska has been making a living pounding the ball and wearing teams bigger and deeper than Northwestern out in the fourth quarter. It’s a windy day, making it harder to throw the ball.
So, you only call 35 rushes and have Martinez throw the ball 37 times? The play call had eerie similarities to a Shawn Watson game plan, trying to zig when a zag was expected and ultimately outsmarting yourself.