OSU Game: Come on man (ISU Marketing)

GoldenBear

Sep 8, 2011
Johnston
What a time to be really creative with this game. National TV, Probably #2 team in the country coming into JTC.

We need to do something special (outside of winning of course) that garners national TV exposure. Not to say the the U of I placard (NWestrn) is for us, but there should be something ISU can do (towels, T-shirts, or some kind of creative promotion) that gets TV appeal.

Granted the $40 hillside thing for KU was successful. Maybe do that again too.

But can't we do something? Gold out? Cardinal out? hankies, towels, t-shirts in seats. Gotta to be something. We moved this game for the $$$. Let's spend some of it

everyyard

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2006
www.cyclonejerseys.com
I gotta agree. This game is as big as it gets for ISU. Perfect time to hand out 50,000 gold t-shirts (although it will be cold), or gold stocking hats and gold poms and encourage everyone to come in gold. Placards. Anything. It SHOULD be rocking, but since it is Iowa State, and November, and we aren't playing Iowa, I doubt it will be. # fricking TWO in the Nation people!!!!! Bowl berth on the line. Senior night. Can a brother get a Hell Yeah!!

cy8

Apr 26, 2010
I agree, it would be cool if they did something like what Iowa did a few weeks ago with the black and gold stripes, and cards.

A cool idea would be buy a ticket and get a ticket to one of the basketball games during winter break when all the students are gone.

I don't think they will do anything like that, they will probably do the hillside promotion again.

Cyclonefan89

Oct 25, 2010
Ankeny
What a time to be really creative with this game. National TV, Probably #2 team in the country coming into JTC.

We need to do something special (outside of winning of course) that garners national TV exposure. Not to say the the U of I placard (NWestrn) is for us, but there should be something ISU can do (towels, T-shirts, or some kind of creative promotion) that gets TV appeal.

Granted the $40 hillside thing for KU was successful. Maybe do that again too.

But can't we do something? Gold out? Cardinal out? hankies, towels, t-shirts in seats. Gotta to be something. We moved this game for the $$$. Let's spend some of it

i know you said "outside of winning" but the only thing special we could do is win. anything else would go unnoticed.

Let's Go State

Nov 6, 2007
West Coast (of Iowa)
50,000 people x $5 per shirt = $250,000.

Recruit Pioneer, Bayer, Casey's, American Family, EMC, Sukup, and our other sponsors to split it. Promote the heck out of it. It can be done! I can line up a tshirt printer.

everyyard

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2006
www.cyclonejerseys.com
It really can't be any sort of "wear this" game. It is November, plus 75% of our fans would wear something different than they were told just to prove a point.

huntt26

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
po' dUnk
Bring back the gold trash bags for everyone to wear and of course put the team in gold jerseys.

ponchos-736851-773291.jpg

GoldenBear

Sep 8, 2011
Johnston
It really can't be any sort of "wear this" game. It is November, plus 75% of our fans would wear something different than they were told just to prove a point.

A. What point? That they are against ISU?

B. Give me one VALID reason why. Too cold! Too many layers so don't have a cardinal or gold shirt big enough to cover our outer wear?

Who cares what a cardinal or gold over "exented' T-shirt looks like. It is not a fashion statment.

If you want it to work, you could make it work

josh4isu

Aug 10, 2010
Iowa
its going to be sub 40 degrees. people wouldnt wear the t-shirts. yellow vuvezelas or towels. team wears the gold uni's. could be a fun night.