Kansas

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

TheJackWePack5

Oct 2, 2011
Ankeny, IA.
This team really hurts from the coaching staff they have. During the game Saturday, i was thinking that they had some really good athletes and i didn't really see us having an absolute advantage in the athletes that we had. Sure,they did a lot of the little things wrong, and their special teams weren't great...but they could be better.

I don't see why they went away from the run so quickly. They ran the ball pretty dang well on us in the first half. I think the coaches could make more out of the team they have than what they are doing.

JUKEBOX

Oct 27, 2008
This team really hurts from the coaching staff they have. During the game Saturday, i was thinking that they had some really good athletes and i didn't really see us having an absolute advantage in the athletes that we had. Sure,they did a lot of the little things wrong, and their special teams weren't great...but they could be better.

I don't see why they went away from the run so quickly. They ran the ball pretty dang well on us in the first half. I think the coaches could make more out of the team they have than what they are doing.

shhh

besserheimerphat

Apr 11, 2006
Mount Vernon, WA
I thought the same thing - there were a few times they tried the reverse/double reverse pass/etc that didn't succeed, when running off tackle was getting them consistent yardage.

cyfan15

Oct 23, 2006
A lot of these teams that aren't very good like Kansas, Minnesota, Indiana, etc. are still a lot better than they show on a weekly basis. Few teams are really as bad as those teams have looked for much of the season. The real issue is that once they figure out early in the season that they aren't any good, they tend to fold easily when the other team asserts themselves. We saw the same thing with some of Mac's teams. We may have been competitive in a loss early in the season, but as the losses piled up we stopped being competitive at all.

Look at Iowa-Minnesota last week. Minnesota found out early in the year that they suck and basically quit trying to stay competitive. Then Iowa goes up there, doesn't assert themselves early, and Minnesota realizes they still have a chance in the 4th quarter. Not only did they come back to win, they also put up a fight at Michigan State yesterday. Motivation is a factor.

Kansas, like Minnesota, is mentally weak. Their season started off promising with wins over McNeese State and Northern Illinois, and they were only down a touchdown against Georgia Tech at halftime. Then Georgia Tech blew them away in the second half. KU led Texas Tech 20-0 in the next game, but Tech came back to win and that was basically it for the Jayhawks. The next four weeks they played four really good teams and more or less quit. ISU failed to pull away by hurting themselves with turnovers and penalties and KU stuck around. Since Kansas came up short, expect them to get annihilated the rest of the way except maybe the Mizzou game because it's a rivalry.

CyCloned

Oct 18, 2006
Robins, Iowa
I really didn't understand why Kansas kicked the ball away instead of going for it on 4th. They did a few other stupid coaching move during the game too. I have to admit that there DC out coached the ISU OC by a long shot. Pretty sad really...

Reactions: kilgore_trout

xboxfever

Nov 4, 2008
It was pretty clear yesterday that there is a coaching problem at Kansas.

It has been pretty clear all season. Turner Gill can't coach. He will be fired at the end of the season unless they pull an upset out of their ***.

xboxfever

Nov 4, 2008
I really didn't understand why Kansas kicked the ball away instead of going for it on 4th. They did a few other stupid coaching move during the game too. I have to admit that there DC out coached the ISU OC by a long shot. Pretty sad really...

Not hard to out coach Tom Herman.

EYEoftheSTORM

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 3, 2009
Ames, Iowa

Let me guess, you must have been one of those poster after last weeks game that was praising Coach Herman...

ISU is not a bad team, they were just off their high from beating TT by so much... Its actually very common in college football that a team has a hangover from a big win. I can almost call games after a big win or big loss.

Rick

Mar 18, 2007
Ankeny
How many total yards did we have yesterday? I know we didnt have as many as they have been giving up but it sounds like the wind didnt help matters much. I think a lot of guys need to neaten up their resume and send it in to CPR

Rural

Feb 3, 2010
All they are is dust in the wind.

Last edited:

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
Let me guess, you must have been one of those poster after last weeks game that was praising Coach Herman...

ISU is not a bad team, they were just off their high from beating TT by so much... Its actually very common in college football that a team has a hangover from a big win. I can almost call games after a big win or big loss.

Please. A lot of people were saying 'great that he did it last week, and we're happy for the win, but lets see his offense do it against someone other than tech'. Tech is the only team his offense has had much success with (this year and last), the entire time he's been here. Poor offensive performance is not something new to this team. In this league you need 30 points\game, at least, to win games against anyone but kansas.

BigM

Mar 2, 2007
Amesterdam
How many total yards did we have yesterday? I know we didnt have as many as they have been giving up but it sounds like the wind didnt help matters much. I think a lot of guys need to neaten up their resume and send it in to CPR

we had 462 yards of total offense

Al_4_State

Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
Driftless Region
Visit site
We left 21 points in the redzone yesterday on the basis of turnovers and late game mercy.

Herman called a pretty good game, although some more deep shots would have been nice.

woodie

Apr 10, 2006
We left 21 points in the redzone yesterday on the basis of turnovers and late game mercy.

Herman called a pretty good game, although some more deep shots would have been nice.[/QUOTE

if herman called such a great game, why in the sam hill did we not beat the jayhawks. they are supposed to be the weakest team in the conference. we are d** lucky to win this game. these footballers should be keyed up to win every game-not win one big ,then squeak by by a 13-10 score. we r cerntainly lucky that one of our kickers hit a 40 plus yad field goal....we have three tough games coming up-okie state,oklahoma, and k-state. if herman is going to prove he is an offensive coordinator he had better hang in there and beat 1 of these 3 teams.....i would take the offensive coordinator and the qb from one of these three teams any day over herman..

burn587

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 14, 2006
Denver, CO

Herman called a pretty good game, although some more deep shots would have been nice.

With that wind and Barnett's lack of arm strength that probably wouldn't be advisable. I didn't have much of a problem with the playcalling, the execution wasn't great.

Al_4_State

Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
Driftless Region
Visit site
With that wind and Barnett's lack of arm strength that probably wouldn't be advisable. I didn't have much of a problem with the playcalling, the execution wasn't great.

I meant when we had the wind at our backs. The wind was nasty yesterday and definitely affected things.