Three Things That Should be Part of...

Rogue52

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 20, 2006
Cedar Rapids, IA
...Every Gameday at Jack Trice in future years:

1. Burn it to the Ground -- Do NOT change the opening song again...

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BxgeSv88c2w&ob=av2e"]Nickelback - Burn It To The Ground - YouTube[/ame]

2. Cyclone Weather Alert

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jpZ5PI4_gC0"]Iowa State Vs. Northern Iowa - Cyclones Field Entrance - YouTube[/ame]

3. ISU Marching Band Opening Video

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nXkVmNs-M4Y&feature=results_video&playnext=1&list=PL14F682DCD05A08A2"]Iowa State University Band Intro - YouTube[/ame]

Reactions: ISUAgronomist

CYVADER

Nov 16, 2006
Cornfields
ummm........no thanks on nickelback. nobody wants to listen to a douchey canadian who sounds like he is trying to cut a turd and sing at the same time.

and you forgot sweet caroline.

Rogue52

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 20, 2006
Cedar Rapids, IA
ummm........no thanks on nickelback. nobody wants to listen to a douchey canadian who sounds like he is trying to cut a turd and sing at the same time.

I didn't include Sweet Caroline because it's already been a part of Gameday for seveal years now.

All three things above are new this year.

RING4CY

Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 20, 2010
Ames, IA
I have never understood the Nickelback hate. Almost seems like it is one of those things people hate just for the sake of hating it.

Positive note: The marching band intro video is absolutely awesome.

huntt26

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
po' dUnk
Agree on all three.

Nickelback sucks, but the song is good for the video.

3TrueFans

Just a Happily Married Man
Sep 10, 2009
Ames
The Nickelback song is actually pretty great for the video, but Nickelback just sucks so hard it's tough to get past.

Last edited:

Rhoadhoused

Apr 27, 2010
Ames, IA
I like all 3 things. I don't mind switching up the highlight video music every year though. It might get kind of boring if we kept the same thing for that every year.

Put me in the club of people who don't get the hate for Nickelback. I'm not really a fan, but I can say with 100% certainty that a large amount of the people who are so adamant about hating them just hate them just because people think it is the cool thing to do.

EYEoftheSTORM

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 3, 2009
Ames, Iowa
i agree on the second 2 but the nickleback song will get old after a year or two. Thats why they will change it. The other two I hope they dont. The Cyclone Weather Alert really gets people fired up, and I hope some marketing intern doesnt get a whild hair up their *** that they want to change it for something better....

Rogue52

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 20, 2006
Cedar Rapids, IA
One of the major reasons I said to keep the opening song is because we change it every year, but three people have now said it will get old being played every year.

So, if that is the majority opinion, fine.

I'm glad all want to keep Cyclone Weather Alert and Marching Band entrance video.

BuzzBuzzBuzz

Dec 1, 2007
AMES
I have never understood the Nickelback hate. Almost seems like it is one of those things people hate just for the sake of hating it.

Positive note: The marching band intro video is absolutely awesome.

Nickelback is "Metal music for girls..." They're pretend to be way more bad as* than they are, hence the hate.

Regarding the marching band video - I've never, ever been into anything by the band (just not my thing) and I have to agree - the marching band intro video was really great... keep.

AirWalke

Aug 7, 2006
Des Moines
Count me as one of those Nickleback haters... there's no explaining how much I hate the band's music. I tried liking them once by listening to an album of theirs... I just couldn't make it through. I'm sorry. Not trying to be cool, not trying to be part of the "it" thing... they just suck.

I do like the Nickleback intro though. It goes very well with the video. I think all that needs to change about the current game intro is changing Smoke on the Water out with Thunderstruck. Aside from that, I think it's one of the best intros we've ever had for football.

Last edited:

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA

Normally I'm a Nback hater as well but like that song, probably because it's about drinking beer and kicking ***. Sweet Caroline NEEDS to be forgotten.

flynnhicks03

The Man That You Love to Hate
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
www.mapcon.com
Normally I'm a Nback hater as well but like that song, probably because it's about drinking beer and kicking ***. Sweet Caroline NEEDS to be forgotten.

I think they should play "Wake Up" by the Arcade Fire. That is one bad-*** song, especially the first half.

TXCyclones

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 13, 2011
TX
Nickelback is the suckiest suck that ever sucked. It is a pseudo metal hair band for chicks who live in trailer parks who long for the days when they were only half as fat and smoked only half as many cigarettes. They've even got the old hair-band formula down; 2 rocks songs to 1 ballad. Gotta keep those heavy girls interested.

EYEoftheSTORM

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 3, 2009
Ames, Iowa
probably my least favorite song from them....

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vdBeRjqTBcg]Nickelback Next Contestant Oh yeh... - YouTube[/ame]

Talking up how they are such a bad *** and can kick anyones *** out there.... Very D-baggish song.

Help Support Us

Become a patron