New Baylor Stadium Renderings

BaylorHistory

May 30, 2011
Waco, TX
5784949.jpeg
I really like it and God knows we need it. Every Cyclone that has been to a game @ Baylor knows how crappy our stadium is right now.

CysRage

Oct 18, 2009
How is Baylor planning to pay for it?
Probably the same way we are paying for our new football facility, sports complex, and video board with expected TV revenue. Plus, Baylor is a private school...they have plenty of money. Congrats to you guys on the new stadium! Hopefully we build our south endzone addition in the next couple of years too. :yes:

Agclone91

Feb 5, 2011
Ames
How many seats is it projected to have? Seems like an aweful big stadium. If Baylor keeps playing seasons like this year maybe they could sell it out, otherwise seems like there could be an aweful lot of empty seats.

Either way, Congrats to you guys if it pulls through!

cyman05

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 7, 2010
There are a lot of folks in Texas with a lot of money. Baylor's revenues are surprisingly high for the amount of fan support and number of alumni they graduate every year. That combined with future TV revenue should make a new stadium doable.

The ring thing above the stadium is interesting. I wonder if any other stadiums do that. Is it just for shade?

Wonder what kind of fancy locker rooms and/or weight room facility there will be. I wonder if they'll put 500 TVs all over it like Okla St supposedly did or the Nebraska BB facility did.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
That looks very similar to some European soccer stadiums I've seen. Both with the canopy style and the open part near a river. One of Madrid's three stadiums has an open end facing a river like that.

Looks really cool, we've had our own stadium upgrade renderings kicking around for nearly a decade now.

cyman05

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 7, 2010
The 20 foot high B-A-Y-L-O-R letters between the river and stadium might look kind of tacky.

BaylorHistory

May 30, 2011
Waco, TX
The ring thing above the stadium is interesting. I wonder if any other stadiums do that. Is it just for shade?

Shade and it helps keep in more noise

Wonder what kind of fancy locker rooms and/or weight room facility there will be. I wonder if they'll put 500 TVs all over it like Okla St supposedly did or the Nebraska BB facility did.
What you can't see is where the camera is located is a brand new football practice facility with a new weightroom.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Looks almost like a baseball stadium from that view.
The stairs over the water up to the walkway across the river look interesting.
Good luck Baylor, looks nice!

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land

It's crazy to me that every stadium in the warmer parts of the country doesn't have a canopy. The design goes back to Roman colosseums. I've been to a few huge soccer stadiums with them and it is very nice to have.

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
Looks almost like a baseball stadium from that view.
The stairs over the water up to the walkway across the river look interesting.
Good luck Baylor, looks nice!

That was my initial impression, as well.

Looks pretty cool, to me. Huge capacity is one thing, but if you can't get the giant attendance numbers, you might as well give your stadium character. I hope ISU does something interesting with JTS, when the time comes.

BaylorHistory

May 30, 2011
Waco, TX
I'm not so sure that TV money is going to make a bulk of those payments though, have they said how it would be funded? Is there a lot of private donations or other sort of money coming in, advertisement, naming rights?
Private donations is what they are saying. They are saying $250M will be the pricetag and that McLane will give at least $100M (some say as high as $200M).

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron