NFL: Tebowing

Entropy

Oct 27, 2008
Cedar Rapids, IA
58784-330-0.jpg

ISpyCy

Sep 17, 2011
Harlan, IA/Lincoln, NE
I thought Tebowing was just being someone who had the biggest, most admirable Christian heart in all of college sports to the point of each sportscaster creaming themselves at his very sighting and hearing of his "most perfectest career in the history of college football and humanity itself", yet sucking so bad at the professional level of the one thing that keeps your name slightly above micro-relevant...

...apparently, there's a pose for that too.

Clonefan94

Oct 18, 2006
Schaumburg, IL
Considering this is a religious gesture by Tebow, does it bother anyone but me of how easily it's allowed to be made fun of? Yes, Tebow does some what make a mockery of himself, but if this were a muslim form of prayer being made fun of, how many people would be up in arms over this kind of thing?

I am probably being too sensative, I know, but it's been on my mind since the first tiem I saw a "Tebowing" picture.

Clones85'

Just Win Baby
Jan 31, 2007
It is very sad that our world has gotten to where it is, when you can make fun of a guy for having faith and showing it

Reactions: ElephantPie

JUKEBOX

Oct 27, 2008
It is very sad that our world has gotten to where it is, when you can make fun of a guy for having faith and showing it

Why do people keep trying to make this religious? People don't like Tebow because of ESPN, not because of his faith.

Naughtius

Oct 27, 2010
Central IA
The Bible actually tells us not to make too big of a display of our piety while in public. God knows you're praying, even if you're standing upright. What's the point of making a spectacle of what is essentially a very private act?

501Clone

Mar 10, 2010
Ames, IA
Your right it sure naughtius... But when has he done anything different than any other player that has faith? players pray all the time in sports yet he gets mocked by it..

Clones85'

Just Win Baby
Jan 31, 2007
The Bible actually tells us not to make too big of a display of our piety while in public. God knows you're praying, even if you're standing upright. What's the point of making a spectacle of what is essentially a very private act?

Every other QB in the NFL points to the sky when they throw a TD. Anyone else get mocked?

After every big win when a player gets interviewed, who do they all thank? God. Do they get mocked? Nope.

The hatred of Tebow is really sad in my opinion

Clonefan94

Oct 18, 2006
Schaumburg, IL

I would say what he does is far from making a spectacle. It's noticeable for sure, but far from the spectacle that most players put on after a touchdown or a sack. Hell, some guys get one first down for the entire game and make a bigger spectacle of themselves.

JUKEBOX

Oct 27, 2008
Every other QB in the NFL points to the sky when they throw a TD. Anyone else get mocked?

After every big win when a player gets interviewed, who do they all thank? God. Do they get mocked? Nope.

The hatred of Tebow is really sad in my opinion

It's because of ESPN. What other player is called "The Chosen One?"
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HOUMIgfhJA]Tim Tebow - The Chosen One 1 of 5 - YouTube[/ame]

Clones85'

Just Win Baby
Jan 31, 2007
I would say what he does is far from making a spectacle. It's noticeable for sure, but far from the spectacle that most players put on after a touchdown or a sack. Hell, some guys get one first down for the entire game and make a bigger spectacle of themselves.

Exactly. It's not his fault the camera is always on him. He does it on the sidelines and people say it's all an ACT! If he really wanted it to be an act he would do it on the field all the time

JUKEBOX

Oct 27, 2008
Exactly. It's not his fault the camera is always on him. He does it on the sidelines and people say it's all an ACT! If he really wanted it to be an act he would do it on the field all the time

I don't think think it's his fault.

Tebow is like the Justin Bieber of football. Is Bieber a bad kid? Probably not, but his music sucks and it's played all the time. Therefore, people don't like him.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron