Game Watches!

CloneCubbie

Sep 14, 2007
Gods Country (Ames), Iowa
Let's have everyone post where they'll be watching the game this weekend. I hope a lot of you will be at KU watching, but for those of us who will be watching on Non-HD ABC(LAME!) it may be nice to get together with other Cyclone Fans!

We'll be in Ames and we're thinking of hitting up Okoboji Grill due to the cold beer and multiple tv's.

Rogue52

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 20, 2006
Cedar Rapids, IA
The new Okoboji will be a good location for those wanting to watch in a group.

Make sure to order the Nachos Supreme.

besserheimerphat

Apr 11, 2006
Mount Vernon, WA
I'll be in Coralville at my in-laws watching the game. My wife was telling me that her dad is switching from MediaCom to DirecTV so he can get the Big11 network, even though he always tells me that "he's not really a Hawkeye fan, he just watches so he knows how their doing." I'm hoping that they didn't get the dish installed yet. If they did, and he keeps flipping between the games, I'm going to watch in another room or listen on the radio. Anybody know what stations in eastern Iowa carry ISU games? Does 100.3 go that far?

cygrads

Jul 27, 2007
Altoona, IA
I'll be in Coralville at my in-laws watching the game. My wife was telling me that her dad is switching from MediaCom to DirecTV so he can get the Big11 network, even though he always tells me that "he's not really a Hawkeye fan, he just watches so he knows how their doing." I'm hoping that they didn't get the dish installed yet. If they did, and he keeps flipping between the games, I'm going to watch in another room or listen on the radio. Anybody know what stations in eastern Iowa carry ISU games? Does 100.3 go that far?

I think there is a station out of Cedar Rapids 1600 AM that might carry the game.

DBQ Clone

Oct 4, 2007
Dubuque, IA
I think there is a station out of Cedar Rapids 1600 AM that might carry the game.

What used to be KCRG AM usually couldn't be heard much outside of Linn County. Especially at night when they have to lower their transmitter power.

I'm not sure if there's been any changes to that station since KZIA bought it, so I'm not sure if they're still carrying the Cyclones. I've since moved to Dubuque and can't receive them anymore.

And good luck hearing anything Cyclone related up here. Everyone around here are Hawk or Badger fans.

Makes it that much more special to run into the few ISU grads up here.

Are they any game watches in Dubuque that anyone knows of?

DaddyMac

Oct 18, 2006
What used to be KCRG AM usually couldn't be heard much outside of Linn County. Especially at night when they have to lower their transmitter power.

I'm not sure if there's been any changes to that station since KZIA bought it, so I'm not sure if they're still carrying the Cyclones. I've since moved to Dubuque and can't receive them anymore.

And good luck hearing anything Cyclone related up here. Everyone around here are Hawk or Badger fans.

Makes it that much more special to run into the few ISU grads up here.

Are they any game watches in Dubuque that anyone knows of?

Last time I was in Dubuque during a game, that sports bar/indoor courts place on NW Arterial had ALOT of ISU fans watching the game.

The name of the place escapes me. But it's off NW Aterial by the McD's, just south of Asbury Rd.

DBQ Clone

Oct 4, 2007
Dubuque, IA
Last time I was in Dubuque during a game, that sports bar/indoor courts place on NW Arterial had ALOT of ISU fans watching the game.

The name of the place escapes me. But it's off NW Aterial by the McD's, just south of Asbury Rd.

That sounds like Courtside. Interesting. I'll have to check that out. Thanks!

DaddyMac

Oct 18, 2006
That sounds like Courtside. Interesting. I'll have to check that out. Thanks!

That's the place!

I went two years ago when the KU game didn't get picked up by DBQ Mediacom for about the first hour. Called them, they had it (DirecTV I guess) and went over.

Had to be 50+ ISU fans there. Never knew there were that many in Dbq, period.

They had the sound piped through the whole place.

I don't recall if there was an iowa game or not, so don't know what kind of competition you'll have. AND - it was two years ago. So I'd check first. But it was a pretty good spot to watch it.

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
Game watch?

GBoy_Watch.gif

brianhos

Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 1, 2006
Trenchtown
game watch at my house on my couch! First game for ISU I have seen on TV this year.

larry

Apr 11, 2006
iowa city

I'm not sure if there's been any changes to that station since KZIA bought it, so I'm not sure if they're still carrying the Cyclones. I've since moved to Dubuque and can't receive them anymore."

1600 does still broadcast Cyclone games and they still have the problem of the signal fading in the evening, but during the day you should be able to hear the game just fine (in IC) assuming there is not a power line right over your radio. The end of the game might fade on you though as the sun goes down...

ornryactor

Jun 3, 2006
Ames
I'll be in Ames, but for anyone in the Iowa City area, head for The Deadwood downtown. It's right next to the Ped Mall. Big, popular bar that is owned by a couple who are Iowa State grads and huge Cyclone fans. They'll definitely put the game on, especially if Cyclones are asking for it.

price26

Sep 1, 2006
Ames, IA
I was able to hear the Nebraska game on 1600 when I went home from college that weekend, I would expect that they would be doing this game as well.

DBQ Clone

Oct 4, 2007
Dubuque, IA
1600 does still broadcast Cyclone games and they still have the problem of the signal fading in the evening, but during the day you should be able to hear the game just fine (in IC) assuming there is not a power line right over your radio. The end of the game might fade on you though as the sun goes down...

Oh yeah. That's right. That transmitter is aimed to the south so that IC is within the broadcast range. But at night, the power is lowered (FCC rule) so that they don't interfere with other stations at the same frequency.

mnclonefan

Nov 6, 2007
I will be at Joe Sensor's in Bloomington, MN. Nothing better than watching Iowa State upset KU on a 4' by 8' tv.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron