Skip Bayless just keeps on getting crazier

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

CyCrazy

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
Skip Bayless is the biggest hack on ESPN. Steven A Smith is a close second.

bpmcclain

Nov 17, 2010
Ames
I love Skip...he is actually a Sooner fan too fwiw.

Yeah and I get that he is upset, but firing Stoops is just idiotic. OU will still be in a BCS bowl game this year more than likely and they are usually in contention for the national title. Programs like Michigan are still recovering for firing someone who they felt wasn't good enough anymore. It would be a huge mistake for OU to do the same

CyBroncos

Aug 5, 2010
West Des Moines
Bayless is mad because he has huge egg on his face. He's been railing for weeks that OU was by far the best team in the nation and could easily beat Bama, LSU, OSU and Boise. Now he looks like a jacka**

ianoconnor

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 11, 2007
Johnston
I don't pay attention to a single thing that comes out of his mouth. Same goes for Colin Cowherd.

Yes13

Oct 9, 2009
Colin may rub you the wrong way, but he is usually right. I think his show is the best on espn radio.
And so is Bayless. You just need to understand which one of their headliners they actually believe. Certain stories you can tell they are trolling and or exagerating. Both know exactly what they are doing, and judging by this thread they work.

Yes13

Oct 9, 2009
Bayless is mad because he has huge egg on his face. He's been railing for weeks that OU was by far the best team in the nation and could easily beat Bama, LSU, OSU and Boise. Now he looks like a jacka**
I still think they could. They were missing some key starters, and you could tell they weren't interested in the game. Stills and Broyles both had drops they never have, and Jones missed as many passes in that game as he has ever.

CyJack13

May 21, 2010
Its just an act. He says outrageous things to get people upset and it works. No one gets that upset about rational analysis but saying things like fire Stoops or LeBron isn't one of the top 10 players in the league gets people riled up. I'm sure he doesn't believe most of the things he says.

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
And so is Bayless. You just need to understand which one of their headliners they actually believe. Certain stories you can tell they are trolling and or exagerating. Both know exactly what they are doing, and judging by this thread they work.

Um - no. Bayless is almost never right. Cowherd may also be a windbag, but at least he's right more often than not. Bayless talks because he likes the sound that his mouth makes.

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville

Bayless has nowhere near the ability to form arguments that Cowherd does. The thing about Cowherd is that he can argue the wrong thing and still form a good argument. Bayless just says outrageous things.

CyJack13

May 21, 2010
both are blowhards. It's not hard to be right.

Agreed. You throw enough **** against the wall, some of it is bound to stick, but they both know what they're doing and that's why they get paid.

BTYamsac

Aug 21, 2011
Bayless and Cowherd love to create controversy. It's how they get paid. It's as simple as that. In my opinion which doesn't mean ****. They are both douchebags. Bayless throws out more ******** opinions though.

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006
Agreed. You throw enough **** against the wall, some of it is bound to stick, but they both know what they're doing and that's why they get paid.

Because sports fans, as a group, has a lot of idiots.

cy4prez7

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 18, 2010
Des Moines
I don't really like skip...I kinda like Colin...HATE JIM ROME, that really isn't related but I needed to get it off my chest! Feel much better now!

shadow

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
Central Iowa
I don't really like skip...I kinda like Colin...HATE JIM ROME, that really isn't related but I needed to get it off my chest! Feel much better now!

hahaha I LOVE ROME! hahaha but yea, it's definitely one or the other. I don't think there is much of or any middle ground when it comes to Jim Rome. Colin, eh. Skip Bayless, I do not like at all. However, he makes more sense than he's given credit for in the clip given that he said he wanted Stoops fired years ago. Still, I'd take Stoops and that home record. Yea, he's sucked it up in bowl games (though he did win one NC). But he wins a lot of games. He'd probably do himself a favor in he got Mike Stoops back at DC and Mark Mangino at OC. OU was pretty good when those two were around in the early 2000s. Of course, they also Mike Leach at OC for a spell too with Mangino.