Look who just walked in...

drmwevr08

Nov 25, 2006
Tempe, az
Another brush with greatness -

A buddy and I were sitting in a largely deserted little diner/bar on south beach last week when two guys walked in, one of whom was noticably LARGE. I kept my eye on him as he walked and when he turned his head I said to my friend "Shaq just walked in here!" We wanted to bug him but didn't as he was obviously there to relax and have a quiet bite to eat (some kind of sandwich and fries). The bartender said that he came in somewhat regularly and that he was a nice as they come. He couldn't sit at the table, but kind of next to it because his legs wouldnt fit underneath. He was dressed to the 9's and from what I could see from about 15' away his watch cost more than my house... :)

clones_jer

Apr 16, 2006
IA
Another brush with greatness -

A buddy and I were sitting in a largely deserted little diner/bar on south beach last week when two guys walked in, one of whom was noticably LARGE. I kept my eye on him as he walked and when he turned his head I said to my friend "Shaq just walked in here!" We wanted to bug him but didn't as he was obviously there to relax and have a quiet bite to eat (some kind of sandwich and fries). The bartender said that he came in somewhat regularly and that he was a nice as they come. He couldn't sit at the table, but kind of next to it because his legs wouldnt fit underneath. He was dressed to the 9's and from what I could see from about 15' away his watch cost more than my house... :)

I would like to be refered to as 'The Big Aristotle'. - Shaq

Shaq is the NBAs saving grace, a dominant player who also has a great sense of humor and doesn't rape hotel staff.

bos

Legend
Staff member
Apr 10, 2006
424097.JPG
someone needs a cookie

4429 mcc

Aug 29, 2007
Wall Street
No picture, c'mon. In the days of cell phones....cough cough (bullsh!t) cough cough. Nah just kidding around.

ISUFan22

Apr 11, 2006
Denver, CO
What....there was a thread about celebrity sightings and such a while back. Everyone bragged about the famous people they had met, etc.

Someone brings up seeing a huge NBA star and a few of you are whining. Classic.

What the heck is Shaq doing in Omaha anyways? Did Billy recruit him to play defense?

drmwevr08

Nov 25, 2006
Tempe, az
Actually my friend tried to snap a phone shot (my phone is rotary - no camera) when they were leaving, so as not to bug him before, but was slow so he has a blurry shot of a huge unrecognizable guy walking out the door! That one was going to prove it to the kids but they are still young enough not to question dad :)

cyboy

Apr 13, 2006
What....there was a thread about celebrity sightings and such a while back. Everyone bragged about the famous people they had met, etc.

Someone brings up seeing a huge NBA star and a few of you are whining. Classic.

What the heck is Shaq doing in Omaha anyways? Did Billy recruit him to play defense?

I don't think he saw him in Omaha. I think he saw him in South Beach.

SuperCy

Nov 30, 2006
Smallville/Metropolis
Actually my friend tried to snap a phone shot (my phone is rotary - no camera) when they were leaving, so as not to bug him before, but was slow so he has a blurry shot of a huge unrecognizable guy walking out the door! That one was going to prove it to the kids but they are still young enough not to question dad :)

Did it look something like this?

sasquatch.jpg

ISUFan22

Apr 11, 2006
Denver, CO
Gar...yer right. I know he lives in Omaha so got hooked on the "Shaq is in Omaha" thought. Thanks for settin' me straight. :)

C - what the hell are you doing in South Beach? Lucky bast-...