NFL: Ponder named starter

MNCyGuy

Jan 14, 2009
Des Moines
If a team had a chance to get Luck and skipped out on him, they would be idiots. Then again I wouldn't expect anything other than that from the Vikings.

We'll see how Ponder looks here. If he has potential, it wouldn't be the dumbest thing if they had the #1 pick to trade down for more picks. Is Luck with this line/receivers/etc. better than Ponder with an upgraded line and better targets?

GeronimusClone

Oct 23, 2008
Des Moines, IA
I would be more excited about this if I thought McNabb was the main problem. When you're staring at a giant pile of ****, it's hard to pick out which peanut is the problem.
But, if they really think this kid is the answer long term - might as well throw in the towel and give him a go. I'm not sold on him.

benjay

Mar 23, 2006
The vikings coaching staff sucks. I was never big on the Frasier hire and now it's confirmed.

Taco

Sep 24, 2011
No. We need Blackmon. Not Luck.

No. Blackmon is a big time receiver, but Luck is being labeled a "Perfect Quarterback" for the draft. All of the analysts are saying that he is the best quarterback to come out of college since John Elway. If you read some of their reports, they are saying that there is not a single flaw in him as a prospect.

IF Ponder plays well the remainder of the season, or shows that he has the potential to be a franchise qb, and the Vikings have the #1 pick, they have the option to trade that pick. There will be teams will be willing to give up A LOT to draft Luck. If Ponder blows, then they pick Luck, and build around him.

Side note, Luck is only a junior, so it's not even a guarantee he comes out this year, although most are projecting him to.

IcSyU

Nov 27, 2007
Rochester, MN
No. Blackmon is a big time receiver, but Luck is being labeled a "Perfect Quarterback" for the draft. All of the analysts are saying that he is the best quarterback to come out of college since John Elway. If you read some of their reports, they are saying that there is not a single flaw in him as a prospect.

IF Ponder plays well the remainder of the season, or shows that he has the potential to be a franchise qb, and the Vikings have the #1 pick, they have the option to trade that pick. There will be teams will be willing to give up A LOT to draft Luck. If Ponder blows, then they pick Luck, and build around him.

Side note, Luck is only a junior, so it's not even a guarantee he comes out this year, although most are projecting him to.

Luck's a senior.