Cyclone Nation ALL IN!!!

IceCyIce

Aug 17, 2009
Grimes
It's time for cyclone nation to get behind our team an show up with a sellout crowd. Our team needs us this weekend so change your plans and buy a ticket, bring a kid, bring a friend. Go Cyclones. Responses to this thread should rival the TAMU to SEC thread.

bostrem00

Feb 23, 2009
Des Moines
:biglaugh: I don't know if you under a rock on saturday, but ISU didn't really do anything at all to promote a big turnout this next week....especially against a high powered A&M offense...

geburgess

Jan 19, 2010
WDM, IA
Just like they needed us versus Texas with a chance to get ranked with a nationally televised game against a team we beat last year, only to have them come out flat and get embarrassed. Then get rolled at Baylor and at Mizzou.

Now you expect the fanbase, which was so pumped at the beginning of the season with all the sellouts, to come and be raucous for a team that makes the same mistakes over and over and over and over and over and over...

I'll be there, but don't expect crazy fan support outside of the lower bowl of the student section.

Storkenheimer

Oct 2, 2011
I will be there again this week, and plan to be at all the home games even if we don't win another game. For some of you, this is called being a FAN!

Me too. Just remember what is important here: Getting blasted and having a good time with your buddies... er... and supporting the team of course! :spinny:

GoldenBear

Sep 8, 2011
Johnston
By promotion I mean, the football teams performance yesterday did nothing to give the fans an extra incentive to come to the game next saturday....

I agree, they didn't give us much. BUT, as a fan base we need to get off this negativity. God it's depressing! and I am a half empty guy.

We have a fan base that is as fickle as any in the nation.

I am getting the same attitude I have toward MU right now. Not directed at you, bostrem00, but to all the negativity on this site. I you don't want to be a part of it, LEAVE

nwiafan

Dec 22, 2008
Hawarden
The Victory Helmet will be there, just hoping to do more laps, the Helmet's metabolism aint what it used to be...

snowcraig2.0

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 2, 2007
Cedar Rapids, IA
Most of us here will be there. unfortunately, we aren't the fans that matter. The casual fans are who matter. And we have lost them this year.

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
We have a fan base that is as fickle as any in the nation.

Yeah.. no. This fanbase has put up with more than any other fanbase in the country would put up with. There are no fair weather cyclone fans, because we have rarely ever had 'fair weather'. And almost every time the 'weather' starts to appear fair, giant stormcloud comes through and kicks cyclone fans in the stones.

I'm so sick of hearing how iowa state fans are fair weather or 'fickle'. Iowa State will have more fans in the stands than just about anyone else would after the last 3 games, (and for that matter the last several years)

Reactions: Judoka

GoldenBear

Sep 8, 2011
Johnston
Yeah.. no. This fanbase has put up with more than any other fanbase in the country would put up with. There are no fair weather cyclone fans, because we have rarely ever had 'fair weather'. And almost every time the 'weather' starts to appear fair, giant stormcloud comes through and kicks cyclone fans in the stones.

I'm so sick of hearing how iowa state fans are fair weather or 'fickle'. Iowa State will have more fans in the stands than just about anyone else would after the last 3 games, (and for that matter the last several years)

I hope you are right

uthaman

Oct 18, 2006
Des Moines

+1, thank you. And I am also sick and tired of hearing about attendance, attendance, attendance. It is really simple. Give fans something to be excited about and they will come.

There is SO much potential in the Cyclone fanbase. In each of the home games this year there have been at least 50,000 Cyclone fans in the stands. That is coming off a 5-7 team last year, with tempered expectations for this season. What coud attendance be with a breakout season, and some sustained success?

RedBlooded

Jun 11, 2010
cedar falls
+1, thank you. And I am also sick and tired of hearing about attendance, attendance, attendance. It is really simple. Give fans something to be excited about and they will come.

There is SO much potential in the Cyclone fanbase. In each of the home games this year there have been at least 50,000 Cyclone fans in the stands. That is coming off a 5-7 team last year, with tempered expectations for this season. What coud attendance be with a breakout season, and some sustained success?

if we had an 10 win season they would have to expand the stadium.

isufbcurt

Apr 21, 2006
Newton
By promotion I mean, the football teams performance yesterday did nothing to give the fans an extra incentive to come to the game next saturday....

Pathetic attitude. You shouldn't need extra incentive to go watch ISU football if you love ISU and football.