ISU wearing all white unis Friday

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

Messi

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 25, 2011
Cedar Rapids
Haven't seen this brought up yet. Why the white pants again against Baylor? I thought our away look with red pants was one of the best in CFB.

It worked against UCONN, they figured they'd try it again :wink:

cayin

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
I noticed that, too. The white pants were OK but I don't understand going away from the main look twice in a row.

I guess it is a matter of opinion. I like white way better than the colored pants.

CynadoAlley

Nov 28, 2010
Siouxland
CPR made it sound like the reason they got the white pants in the first place was because the players really wanted them. So I'm assuming the players think they look the best and they get the final say in which ones to wear.

WalkingCY

Sep 26, 2008
Kansas City
Really hope ISU wears the red pants this weekend. White is cool as an alternate, but keep red as the primary.

totally agree. Only for a once in a while alternate.

We beat Texas and Nebby in those. In the white's only UConn? Cardinal needs to come back now.

Hope in the Missourah game we go back to Cardinal.

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
totally agree. Only for a once in a while alternate.

We beat Texas and Nebby in those. In the white's only UConn? Cardinal needs to come back now.

Hope in the Missourah game we go back to Cardinal.

We also lost to UNLV and a bad Baylor team in those pants. Perhaps we should lose them forever... :SLEEP:

The players' opinion on this matters a hell of a lot more to me than us peon fans, so if the players like them and want to wear them, then the team should do so.

cysocool

Jul 12, 2010
I vote for all white. A cool, classic look that differentiates us from usc. i'm a big fan of the all white uni's and keep the cardinal pants as an option.

cy4prez7

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 18, 2010
Des Moines
The players like it...recruits like it. Pierre Aka retweeted me last week when I said that we were wearing the white pants again!

Clonefan94

Oct 18, 2006
Schaumburg, IL
I vote for all white. A cool, classic look that differentiates us from usc. i'm a big fan of the all white uni's and keep the cardinal pants as an option.

I don't disagree, but USC always wears their gold pants, so really, the red differentiates us as much as the white. In the end, what the players want is what should be worn. Personally, I'd rather see us mix the combos up a little more.

CyFan61

Oct 25, 2010
I don't disagree, but USC always wears their gold pants, so really, the red differentiates us as much as the white. In the end, what the players want is what should be worn. Personally, I'd rather see us mix the combos up a little more.

Agreed. As much as recruits may like the all-white, they'd like to see more combos as well. Now that we have gold, red, and white versions of both our jersey and our pants, I'd like to see some mixing and matching. And of course, a white helmet wouldn't hurt either...

JUKEBOX

Oct 27, 2008
Red should definitely be a primary color for the pants.
Maybe one or two games a year, ISU could sport the "all-white" look including helmets. That would be cool.

dmb341

Nov 23, 2009
We also lost to UNLV and a bad Baylor team in those pants. Perhaps we should lose them forever

Wore the gold pants against UNLV. I remember hearing something about Chizik wanting the gold because of the heat in Vegas - even though it was a night game and cardinal probably wouldn't hold in that much more heat anyway. That's probably why I remember we wore gold pants because its such a ridiculous reason.

0920_spt_UNLV_IAstate11_t653.jpg

cyclones500

Jan 29, 2010
Michigan
basslakebeacon.com
Agreed. As much as recruits may like the all-white, they'd like to see more combos as well. Now that we have gold, red, and white versions of both our jersey and our pants, I'd like to see some mixing and matching. And of course, a white helmet wouldn't hurt either...

Mix & match is OK, sparingly ... as much as I'm not huge on the all-white, I'd prefer using a white helmet so it's all-out. Or all-in.

Help Support Us

Become a patron